Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Will he or won't he? *Image - Not safe for work*

Our dumb blond (AKA Boris Johnson) only persuaded 65million people to screw themselves. He might be trumped tomorrow.

People are voting for change, whether or not it actually makes sense. It's happening the world over, people are fed up with the same old, same old.

Brexit was an example and looks like USA will vote for change. Anyway DT has been subject to so much ridicule, I doubt he will do as bad as expected.

History in the making, first black president, now the first orange president!

Can't wait for the French and German elections next year. :shocked

Orange or not, I hope everyone on here with their pensions in a SIPP got into cash before the vote. If you didn't your pot could be worth quite a few percentage points less today than it was a week ago. It will be interesting to watch the impact on the markets and the pound.

Orange or not, I hope everyone on here with their pensions in a SIPP got into cash before the vote. If you didn't your pot could be worth quite a few percentage points less today than it was a week ago. It will be interesting to watch the impact on the markets and the pound.

No doubt there will be a big drop and then it will rally back.

What a worrying world we live in, first BREXIT now Trump, those seeking to destabilise us doing a great job!

What a worrying world we live in, first BREXIT now Trump, those seeking to destabilise us doing a great job!

It is possible that Britain could move to the front of the line (as Trump promised following Obama's "back of the queue" warning) for a free trade deal with the US, and that the troika of a Trump Presidency, Republican Congress and Republican House will save Britain from Brexit oblivion?

There are spooky similarities between our chief diplomat and the President elect:
1434539085-b097a32aaebb5848c876bf15219fc61a-1038x576.jpg

Last edited:
Or breaking up the Cosy Cabal of those who " know best ". Who knows. As has been said already 2017 will be an interesting year for certain heads of state up for re-election.

It's called a buying opportunity :thumb

Agree but only if you have something to buy with, i.e. cash.

Destabilise, NO, people want change and it's as simple as that. And you know what, we the people need it.

Next, President LePen?

The world is sick to death of mealy-mouthed politicians who only say what they think will please a crowd, who only serve their own interests and whose depth of vision is only as long as the time to the next election.

The world was in a mess anyway, the politicians got it into that mess, can Trump really do any worse? I doubt it.

Maybe Farage will get the British Ambassador post in Washington next year.:)

Destabilise, NO, people want change and it's as simple as that. And you know what, we the people need it.
Here we go another Brexit thread :cheers.

However on your point about people wanting change and needing it, I don't see any of the politicians delivering it. They certainly can't turn back the clock which I think is behind what many people who supported Trump and Brexit thought would be delivered.

It would be good if politicians instead planned and implemented policies to support the population going forward, as an example with our ageing population there won't be enough taxpayers in a few years to support the pensioners (and we'll all be one of those one day). Another example would be the continual progress technology makes in automation and robotics and it's impact on jobs. Because these are over the horizon in electoral terms they are conveniently ignored until of course it's too late and then our dear politicians cry foul and sell us a sepia tinted version of past glories to retain or gain power.

I noted dear Theresa had to row back from her migration plans as soon as there was a hint of India not playing ball on trade. Just the first reality check for her Brexit plans (if they have any, I can still see the Brexit ministers arguing about responsibilities....)

And now I promise not to write any more on this thread. I'm going out in the van.

Maybe Farage will get the British Ambassador post in Washington next year.
I'm a politician! Broken my promise already. The next British Ambassador will be the slithy Gove.:shocked

I think we are all entitled to have a say on what is a hugely momentous and breathtaking election result.

Can we also please respect the new title of this section and not allow this thread to be dragged back into a rehash of all the old and acrimonious Brexit comments.

Stayed up all night and it was a Brexit repeat with bells on.
It appeared the democrats political machine was defeated not by a republican but an independent who basically wasn't the establishment. Simple as that.
People are fed up of the political dynasty's and voting for Trump just confirms that they want anything other than what they have now.
This is a severe wake up call and that it came to someone like Trump to achieve it is shocking.

Mike

Last edited:
Breaking News::::: He has just announced that someone called Kim Kardashian is to replace Janet Yellen at the FED.

Back