Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors? Yes or No

Seems to me that given most use them only for night time ventilation with the roof down, when it’s raining, some enterprising soul needs to create a fix that can be popped on when needed overnight and tucked away when not in use.

I only say this, as I agree with the comment above, they aren’t aesthetically enhancing…

Well brandrup did have this contraption but looks no longer.

Got feedback from california dealer in Netherlands. (Amersfoort)

1. OEM now indeed seem to be the nonstick ones.
  2. The brandup metal ones are only for T5/6 not for 6.1

Looks like it says smoked.
Mine are smoked. And just perfecto

We have attempted fitting of VW deflectors - drivers window doesn't want to go up and stay up now.
Dealership have tried too ? ?

We were wondering if it was because glass is laminated - slightly thicker ? ?

We have attempted fitting of VW deflectors - drivers window doesn't want to go up and stay up now.
Dealership have tried too ? ?
VW fitted mine (with laminated glass). After a week the drivers side window started bouncing back and wouldn’t close. There was a clip missing. All sorted now and not had a problem since. I like the neat design.

Is that the dark or light smoke? There are actually 3 versions, 2 smoke and clear. I wouldn't want the dark smoke as it obscures some of the view.
looks like light smoke.
the dark smoke is called SPORT and described as black.
the SPORT (mine) doesn't obscure so much the view, but nicely complements the black pillars and mirrors on Edition.

looks like light smoke.
the dark smoke is called SPORT and described as black.
the SPORT (mine) doesn't obscure so much the view, but nicely complements the black pillars and mirrors on Edition.
Agreed.

ClimAir clear.
Just fitted a set of clear deflectors as I'm tall and didn't want to add to the "A" pillar 20240716_124858.jpgblind spot Really pleased, glad I didn't go for the tinted ones. Only thing they were rather dear, £67.51 inc P&P. The guy at ClimAir was super helpful.

Last edited:
I put these on mine super easy and good fit, no issues with windows closing.

IMG_3659.jpeg

Anyone has working link to Eurocarparts wind deflectors. I have Heko on another car, but would prefer non-clip ones.

ClimAir clear.
Just fitted a set of clear deflectors as I'm tall and didn't want to add to the "A" pillar View attachment 126468blind spot Really pleased, glad I didn't go for the tinted ones. Only thing they were rather dear, £67.51 inc P&P. The guy at ClimAir was super helpful.
The smoke are like polarized lenses. Appear much darker than when viewed from inside the cab. One advantage of the smoke is that a cracked window cannot be seen from outside. Great for parkups if left unattended in the sun.

ClimAir clear.
Just fitted a set of clear deflectors as I'm tall and didn't want to add to the "A" pillar View attachment 126468blind spot Really pleased, glad I didn't go for the tinted ones. Only thing they were rather dear, £67.51 inc P&P. The guy at ClimAir was super helpful.
I like these! I have the Heko tinted deflectors which are really good but they do make the blind spot bigger. Do you have a product code for the climair site please, I couldn’t see the T6.1 or clear option…

I like these! I have the Heko tinted deflectors which are really good but they do make the blind spot bigger. Do you have a product code for the climair site please, I couldn’t see clear option…
ClimAir UK Ltd, Sidcup, Kent.
Tel No 020 8309 7744
Email:- info@ climair. com
Part No for clear. 3277P3 for T6 2015 on ( They are OK for a T6.1)
£67.51 inc Carriage & VAT

They did say on 23/05/24 that mine were the last clear ones in stock at that time. Try Europarts, they will be cheaper (he wouldn't match their price), but EP usually stock tinted ones, so be careful if ordering thru them.

ClimAir UK Ltd, Sidcup, Kent.
Tel No 020 8309 7744
Email:- info@ climair. com
Part No for clear. 3277P3 for T6 2015 on ( They are OK for a T6.1)
£67.51 inc Carriage & VAT

They did say on 23/05/24 that mine were the last clear ones in stock at that time. Try Europarts, they will be cheaper (he wouldn't match their price), but EP usually stock tinted ones, so be careful if ordering thru them.
Thank you!

Thank you!
I just fitted climair smoke to 6.1 with laminated glass. All seems okay, although am a little apprehensive with anything that ‘wedges’ in. Time will tell. Interesting that the hole that needs to be drilled is tiny - just 1mm drill bit. Despite this I’ve still tried fastening with just some number plate adhesive pads in the first instance. 200 miles and everything seems secure.

I think the climairs look very sleek. Nice and low profile and tight to the van.

I just fitted climair smoke to 6.1 with laminated glass. All seems okay, although am a little apprehensive with anything that ‘wedges’ in. Time will tell. Interesting that the hole that needs to be drilled is tiny - just 1mm drill bit. Despite this I’ve still tried fastening with just some number plate adhesive pads in the first instance. 200 miles and everything seems secure.

I think the climairs look very sleek. Nice and low profile and tight to the van.
My adhesive tape is still secure after 18 months and 7k miles. tbh, it's not really having to do much. The securing is done by the lip in the channel.

Back