Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors? Yes or No

Trudi

Trudi

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Do the heko ones that fit the t6 fit the t6.1?
I'm trying to order some but they don't specify which model they are for.

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
If in doubt I’d ping the supplier the question. We have Heko deflectors on our T6.1

Maeve

Maeve

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
I have the VW ones fitted by servie dept. and would not be without them...there is a noticible noise increase when travelling at speed with the window down slighty but for me the benefits outweigh that and are certainly acceptable.

Stu@rt

Stu@rt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi Trudi, I ordered ours from an eBay supplier. The ad stated T5, T6, T6.1 2003 onwards. They were straight forward to fit. Passenger one went on first and worked perfectly without bouncing the window. Driver's one was a little more challenging as the window wouldn't go up as far and would bounce on auto close. I did some searching on here and followed the advice of getting it closed with some gentle assistance and leaving it for 24hrs before opening. Sceptical that it would help and ready to bin them the following day, they are now working perfectly! All good in the end. Our first couple of nights away this week and they are great for night time ventilation without the risk of rain ingress.

Algor

Algor

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
I wouldn't be without them, but not for the wind deflection properties! They keep the rain out really well, having a slab side the rain will come through an inch of open window but not once the deflectors are on, also being able to leave the windows open at night without compromising security on site makes them one of the lowest cost/highest gains mod you can make to your van. No brainer!

Trudi

Trudi

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi Trudi, I ordered ours from an eBay supplier. The ad stated T5, T6, T6.1 2003 onwards. They were straight forward to fit. Passenger one went on first and worked perfectly without bouncing the window. Driver's one was a little more challenging as the window wouldn't go up as far and would bounce on auto close. I did some searching on here and followed the advice of getting it closed with some gentle assistance and leaving it for 24hrs before opening. Sceptical that it would help and ready to bin them the following day, they are now working perfectly! All good in the end. Our first couple of nights away this week and they are great for night time ventilation without the risk of rain ingress.
Thank you. I'll get ordering.

B J G

B J G

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Climair ones don't use any metal clips in the channel.
Go all the way to bottom of window.
Small screw secures, not an issue as small and into plastic area not metal.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Do people rate the VW supplied/fitted wind deflectors (£120)?
1631635404054.png

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I've the Heko 1s at £35. Brilliant. Can leave the front windows open slightly at night with no wind or rain getting in. Helps with air flow and no condensation.

View attachment 84346
Thanks are they fitted on that photo?
Thing is...I have a £500 voucher for VW accessories...

Stu@rt

Stu@rt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
The Heko aren't 'stick on' then?
No. Fit into the window recess and secured with some small clips. Passenger one went on with no issues, but the drivers one bounced as others have reported on here. Followed the advice on here and helped it home and left it to learn where new home is and it's been fine since. Happy with the ability to ventilate in the rain. Perfect

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
I prefer the stick ons.
I understand that the ones that fit in the channel may not fit if you have the laminated glass in the windows as the glass is too thick.

westfalia

westfalia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I prefer neither, although I have the ones that fit
into the channel.
They are fine.

BikerGran

BikerGran

Growing old disgracefully
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
The VW ones seem very xpensive to me. I have the Dubflecta retro, can't remember what they cost as it was 5years ago but somewhere around £35 back then.

S

Scoobz1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I prefer the stick ons.
I understand that the ones that fit in the channel may not fit if you have the laminated glass in the windows as the glass is too thick.
What models please have laminated glass - surely everything up from and probably including a T5 ? Definitely need to sort myself out with a pair of these before my next trip - rain / condensation is a nightmare without them. Anybody experienced different ones and have an opinion on what is best / best avoided ?

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
What models please have laminated glass - surely everything up from and probably including a T5 ? Definitely need to sort myself out with a pair of these before my next trip - rain / condensation is a nightmare without them. Anybody experienced different ones and have an opinion on what is best / best avoided ?
6.1s with sports pack come with the Z2C laminated cab glass

VW California Club