Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors -worth it?

graeme

graeme

VIP Member
my 2nd hand cali came with these wind deflectors. I am not convinced that when fitted the windows don't seem to shut properly as I can hear wind noise. have to say I have not tested then yet (off and on) but will do. Has anybody esle had this problem? if so how is it solved.

patnolan

patnolan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I have bought a set of wind deflectors from SMG, "they are the stick on" type. Just wondered if any problems associated with fitting these. As they are stuck on would the paint get damaged if you had to replace them. :?:

Andy

Andy

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
patnolan said:
I have bought a set of wind deflectors from SMG, "they are the stick on" type. Just wondered if any problems associated with fitting these. As they are stuck on would the paint get damaged if you had to replace them. :?:

Possibly, but may be OK if you do it carefully & with use of a solvent.

daisyduke

daisyduke

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
just ordered from the link above which is still working at the discounted price- fab :) all these years later- result

Custardtart

Custardtart

My thoughts were:

OEM - I worried about sticking to paint but pretty sure a hairdryer would soften the glue enough to carefully peel them off if necessary. I did ask the VW mechanic and he said he'd done it ok before.

In window seal types - I worried about metal barbs to hold it in the seal, worried about deforming the seal over time, worried about elec window problems.

I plumped for the OEM ones and have been very happy. Main reason for getting them for me was to have the window open a bit when stopped without rain coming in. No extra wind noise noticed.

larrylamb

larrylamb

Ex Cali & Club Joker owner.
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Please Select
If you have laminated cab glass ( much thicker) not sure these will fit.

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Got OEM ones and they are inserted inside.
They have same windows closing glitches but after some closing fails, a window goes into a manual mode (have to keep the button pushed for a window to roll) you work out a solution to close it anyway.
They are too practical and useful so I don't care about windows closing glitches.

Custardtart

Custardtart

Got OEM ones and they are inserted inside.
They have same windows closing glitches but after some closing fails, a window goes into a manual mode (have to keep the button pushed for a window to roll) you work out a solution to close it anyway.
They are too practical and useful so I don't care about windows closing glitches.

I didn't know there were OEM ones that fitted inside. Is that something new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Probably. Was sure I am getting the adhesive ones but got those inside and dealer warned me they may glitch.
Had to take OEM because had to use the bonus on something.

L

Leepower11

Guest User
Heko tinted ones are the best wind deflectors clip on inside window frame

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Update of an old thread: Mr Dubflecta still happy to do free p&p for forum vips. Just message him and he sends you the PayPal address to credit (as you can't get the deal using the website).

Trebor

Trebor

No looking back .
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi,
I'm thinking of getting some wind deflectors for the front windows, mainly so I can crack the windows open at night to try and reduce the condensation without letting any rain in. Do they add any significant noise when cruising? Will that help with condensation? Also, how do they fit? I'm assuming they 'pop' into place.

I'd be really grateful for any feedback from anyone who has them...

Cheers

CamperDad
:thanks
Hi , I fitted some about a year ago . The reason was that I'd just driven on the motorway in torrential rain . The air flow down the front side windows caused water to swirl obscuring the wing mirrors totally ! Haven't had torrential rain since fitting but feel sure they'll improve the situation. No additional noise . Can't remember make but German with blue writing . I'm away ATM . Also great for ventilation on a rainy day when parked up . Think they're Climair .Recommend.

Last edited:
hirsty

hirsty

Two Seat Beach DSG
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have some just because they look cool. Added benefit is less rainwater drips in when moving off with window cracked a little (seemed to happen a lot!)

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I want deflectors. Does anyone know if they if they will fit correctly as I am having laminated glass?
I had the laminated glass which prompted me to go for the VW ones fitted by the dealer. No issues and would do the same again. They look good and work well.

Mike

EddieEagle

EddieEagle

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Fitted Dubflecta slimline, narrow ones. Not sure if I have laminated glass and did have the passenger side electric closing 'rebounding ' a few times but keep closing and it now all closes tight, looks good and definitely improves ventilation. Not having any experience of these vans did find even slightly lowering window made for a lot of buffeting which the deflectors have cured. Very happy with my choice, but I would say that wouldn't I?? :thumb

VW California Club