Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen problems

TW8 GrandCali

TW8 GrandCali

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi All
We have just had our windscreen replaced after a month of waiting to find it is leaking heavily - I also noticed while trying to find the leak that there now appears to be a fairly large gap between the bottom of windscreen and dash- like there is a piece of trim missing.
Could anyone be kind enough to have a look at their dash and put my mind at rest or confirm my suspicions as I don’t remember the gap being there before the new screen was fitted,also never lost anything down there! A picture would be fantastic
We have a 600
Thank you in advance
I will update when screen is fixed to help others as it has been a trial with all involved
Thanks
Graham and Lynda

a fairly large gap between the bottom of windscreen and dash- like there is a piece of trim missing.
The Cali has a similar gap. I would assume it's normal but someone with a GC will be able to confirm. .

The Cali has a similar gap. I would assume it's normal but someone with a GC will be able to confirm. .
Thanks for your reply appreciate it,just need to know for sure before the windscreen people rectify work again

Is it deffo the windscreen? I read an article where somebody in Germany had water coming out of the grab handle on the pillar at the side of the windscreen….it was eventually traced back to the dreaded rear brake light leaking and working its way to the front of the van….

Thanks for reply but all ok till new screen fitted,same day water coming down inside of screen after 5 mins of rain- but could you tell me if you have a gap between the bottom of your screen and the dash as it looks like something is missing like a trim or foam trim from when the screen was replaced
Thanks in advance
Graham

Thanks for reply but all ok till new screen fitted,same day water coming down inside of screen after 5 mins of rain- but could you tell me if you have a gap between the bottom of your screen and the dash as it looks like something is missing like a trim or foam trim from when the screen was replaced
Thanks in advance
Graham
Could you send a photo of yours and I can compare?

Could you send a photo of yours and I can compare?
Here you go, this is mine. The trim goes up close to the windscreen, however the trim is quite wide and incorporates the vents etc. So I cannot think that you have any missing?IMG_0870.jpeg

Here you go, this is mine. The trim goes up close to the windscreen, however the trim is quite wide and incorporates the vents etc. So I cannot think that you have any missing?View attachment 115993
Thanks for that so it looks like you have a gap about a fingers width between plastic and glass?so I guess I just never noticed it or lost anything down there before
Thanks again for your help

My GC600 has the gap you are talking about and when I use the "BRANDRUP Isolite Inside" its lower part enters in this gap.

My GC600 has the gap you are talking about and when I use the "BRANDRUP Isolite Inside" its lower part enters in this gap.
Thanks for your reply just never noticed the gap before and when I did I thought it a bit strange having a gap that anything could go down and never be seen again.

Hi Graham
As requested, here are 2 pictures of my windscreen
The gap isn't large, I can't put my finger in the gap !
Sorry but the weather is not particularly nice today, to take a picture from the outside...
Cheers
Phil

20231104_115546.jpg

20231104_115555.jpg

Hi Phil
Thanks for taking the time to post the pics, looks exactly the same as ours!!
I'd never noticed it before and had a problem with a leaking screen which had been fitted the day before, it was leaking from the top and running into the gap at bottom.Windscreen has now been re-fitted and is waterproof which has taken 5 weeks as the insurance company didn't want to pay for a genuine VW screen but it is the only one with the fitment for the rear view mirror.Anyway thanks again for the help,appreciated!

Back