Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen Replacement

Haves1979

Haves1979

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
So a couple of days into ownership and I have a stone chip that had cracked my windscreen. My insurer (Admiral) have advised to use Autoglass, otherwise they only cover £50 of the cost..

In terms of the screen, will the screen be a generic T5.1 screen or do I need to request anything specific? Van is a 2015SE. I've just read a load of threads and non the wiser sadly.

Thanks

Mine was done recently by auto glass. No complaints, they just need to check if you have auto lights & wipers as if you do its a different screen.

That's good to know thank. Actually, I've just found an old windscreen repair invoice, stating green heat insulated glass..

You need to tell whoever is replacing your screen whether or not you have an auto dipping mirror. The pod that holds the dipping mirror strangely comes as part of the screen. Fell foul of this when we had ours done and had to wait while the supplier got another screen.

Thanks my van does not have this so seems to have been straight forward.

Screen has been changed now, and all seems good. I did request a VW screen however they called on the morning of fitting to say that I would need insurer approval and it would take a while to approve and then get into stock. On the basis that my screen was pretty bad, I decided to just stick with the one they supplied.

I have been unlucky this week , a stone flew up from another vehicle and cracked my windscreen. Small crack around 1 inch long is now 3 inches at least. Booked in for auto glass to replace the screen. Have to wait another 8 days A194E730-BE6E-400D-A0D0-37D1BB451449.jpeg

Can't they just establish what screen is required from you registration number?

Back