Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen

Just to report, I too have a crack. Started as a tiny tiny chip under the LHS windscreen wiper that we did not notice. Now it's about 30cm long and creeping L to R at a 30º angle up the screen...
Sad to read that this seems to be an issue with the T6.

I’ve had two replacement windscreens (Volkswagen) in the last 18months...

Annoyingly I’ve had another stone chip hit the screen yesterday and cracked screen number 3 has emerged.

What is going on...???
Are the Volkswagen screens thinner than screens of old...?

So tomorrow I will be getting another screen sorted. Should I go aftermarket or try another Volkswagen screen?
Any ideas to help prevent this...?

Do you have the heated front windscreen? I ask as I never had a cracked windscreen until I bought a land rover with a heated front screen. I then had 3 replaced in 2 years which I decided was either a weaker screen (because of the heating element) or because the screen is more upright so doesn't deflect the stones.

My Beach is heated, and I also have a 2006 Disco with heated screen and that has been cracked/replaced about 3 times over 12 years. To be fair, the Disco screen had hefty whacks with large stones, but the Beach so was minute I really had to look hard to see the chip. I really would not have expected such a small chip to cause the screen to fail as it has.

Do you have the heated front windscreen? I ask as I never had a cracked windscreen until I bought a land rover with a heated front screen. I then had 3 replaced in 2 years which I decided was either a weaker screen (because of the heating element) or because the screen is more upright so doesn't deflect the stones.

No heated screen on this van...

Back