Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wing mirror warning

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Two people I know have had their facelift T5 mirrors ripped off - apparently the new ones are very easy to twist off their mountings. Well North of £300 to replace.

The older ones were much stronger.

Npt sure what we can do about it but maybe avoid dodgy back streets!

Did this look to your friends like vandalism / damage, or is it more like stealing the mirrors for the parts trade? Were the mirrors left at the scene?

Skywalker said:
Did this look to your friends like vandalism / damage, or is it more like stealing the mirrors for the parts trade? Were the mirrors left at the scene?

In both cases the mirrors were taken away and it was both mirrors so reckon it's theft, not vandalism.

I had heard something similar (not just about T5s), that the parts trade is that lucrative, wheras the penalty for getting caught is quite low. Not good news methinks. :(

Skywalker said:
I had heard something similar (not just about T5s), that the parts trade is that lucrative, wheras the penalty for getting caught is quite low. Not good news methinks. :(

I was forced to sell a lovely Golf R32. We bought it when we had secure parking in London, moved to Bristol, couldn't find a garage to rent, parked it on the street.

Two attempts at nicking the wheels failed but did £3k of damage. I had to sell it. Others have had entire bumpers ripped off and stolen because the parts (mk4) fit any Golf. Not pleasant.

Nice to have a safe place to park - even people in our village don't know our house is here... :lol:

Ours was smashed in France this summer, not by vandals but a hired motorhome. And the blighters didn't even stop to apologise and exchange insurance details ...

It was on a narrow, windy road in the Ardeche. Inexperienced, they swerved across the white line and took off my offside mirror. Luckily the electrics and casing were ok bar some scrapes but the glass mirror section still set me back £120.

The worst bit was not having the mirror to use for motorway overtaking. The missus had a cricked neck for weeks acting as my 'mirror' !!!

Slightly different... my neighbour found on Monday morning that some one had nicked both of her front wiper blades from the car whilst parked outside her house !

Taking up the pointless vandalism element..... we had £1000 worth of scratch down our Galaxy..., every panel, inc petrol flap!
Location....chocolate box village in Somerset!

When does the Cali parking paranioa diminish?????

I came out of a hotel in Basingstoke today and heard an almighty noise, and looked over to see 2 cars wing mirrors being vandalised and bits ripped off them. The culprit a massive crow!

When does the Cali parking paranioa diminish?????

Not sure it does !! Had mine since August last year, went to Asda today & parked in far corner in two spaces.