Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wing mirrors not folding in

mtarkurner8600

mtarkurner8600

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Wing mirror stay out when locking T6.1.
In the system the box is checked for folding in when locking door, but the Mirror stay out.
I have unchecked and rechecked the box with no success.
Using the switch on the drivers door they fold in and out.
Any suggestions on how to remedy this with out returning to the dealer.
Van is 1 Day old!

Thank you all in advance

In the system the box is checked for folding in when locking door, but the Mirror stay out.
Van is 1 Day old!

Thank you all in advance
Indeed. Has been discussed before that the function doesn't work. Same here. Maybe it will get sorted with a software update sometime, but I wouldn't hold your breath! Your options are to use the dial on the door to fold them in, or a press and hold on the key button lock will fold them too.

Please shoot me down if I sound patronising it is certainly not intended but I just want to eliminate the easy ‘trys’……one button push on button fob locks the van and mirrors won’t fold. But if you press and hold the same button instead the mirrors may well fold in…..as I said you may well have done this already but it was not obvious when I got my T6.1 in July……

Please shoot me down if I sound patronising it is certainly not intended but I just want to eliminate the easy ‘trys’……one button push on button fob locks the van and mirrors won’t fold. But if you press and hold the same button instead the mirrors may well fold in…..as I said you may well have done this already but it was not obvious when I got my T6.1 in July……
I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Indeed. Has been discussed before that the function doesn't work. Same here. Maybe it will get sorted with a software update sometime, but I wouldn't hold your breath! Your options are to use the dial on the door to fold them in, or a press and hold on the key button lock will fold them too.
Thanks for your prompt reply.

I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the tip.
This is exactly as @Tricky74 says. You have to long press for the mirrors to fold in. The reasoning behind this is coding from the transporter roots where if you’re a delivery driver you don’t want to wear out the motors locking the van every 5 minutes. The way to fix this is with a Carista plugged into the OBD Port and recode the system to fold on first locking with the app. Which is what I did.

While you’re in there you can also switch off the endless door open bing bongs by switching that off too!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YVHGTBM/?tag=eliteelect-21

I have never seen this,option in the control box but you can change behavior with Carista obd2 tool. I have done it on my ocean. I find holding the key pressed takes too long and this way I know i did not forget to close the doors from a distance.

Maybe good moment to add : And double click closes the car without activating the alarm.

This is exactly as @Tricky74 says. You have to long press for the mirrors to fold in. The reasoning behind this is coding from the transporter roots where if you’re a delivery driver you don’t want to wear out the motors locking the van every 5 minutes. The way to fix this is with a Carista plugged into the OBD Port and recode the system to fold on first locking with the app. Which is what I did.

While you’re in there you can also switch off the endless door open bing bongs by switching that off too!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YVHGTBM/?tag=eliteelect-21
Hi Dspuk. When you change this using Carista as described, do the wing mirrors still only fold out when you start the van as opposed to merely unlocking it? I think the mirrors folding on a short button press would be great but I’d still only want them folding back out when I start the van. Cheers.

Hi Dspuk. When you change this using Carista as described, do the wing mirrors still only fold out when you start the van as opposed to merely unlocking it? I think the mirrors folding on a short button press would be great but I’d still only want them folding back out when I start the van. Cheers.
Yup - you can only get them to fold in on single key press, still has to have the key in for fold out.

Van is 1 Day old!

Thank you all in advance
Mine needs a long press of the lock button to bring the mirrors in.