Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Winter with Comfortz

C

Cali1

VIP Member
Vehicle
Please Select
Hi guys,

Thought would just share a photo from the last few weeks in Scotland.Ive been living in the van for the last two weeks,with the help of a great topper and awning it made my life so much easier.

Working in the outdoors up North with the cold,snowy conditions the awning side panels proved to be a great addition.

The topper most morning was frozen solid,it was still chilly up the top which I'm using insulator for the next trip next week,however it kept the wind and help retain some heat,more importantly kept me dry.

Just to say thanks for the great kit.

IMG_0005.jpg

For anyone thinking of using the awning in the snow I would recommend using skis or lengths of wood to keep the awning from dropping,its also easier to clear the snow off.

Nick

(of comfortz)

Thank you for the screens...

Brilliant, so easy, so effective and even survived 90mph winds. Best accessory on my cali.

Great picture. We used the topper and screen in -20 in the french alps and just had the heater on constant on level 1 and we were fine.

Great picture. We used the topper and screen in -20 in the french alps and just had the heater on constant on level 1 and we were fine.

Did it snow overnight? If so, how effective was the topper at keeping snow out of the roof mechanism? Did it make it easier to clear snow off the roof before driving? (The Swiss issue serious fines for vehicles which still have snow on the roof.) Thanks

Yes had snow most nights,I used my skis under the awning to stop it bowing and quick flick with the ice axes cleared the snow away.
Topper doesn't keep the snow of the roof but found when packing away it aided in getting most of the snow of the roof.A quick brush with a hand brush got the snow of the mechanism.
I did ask Comfortz to extend the rear of the topper to allow more of an overlap,i found in the storms i was getting snow drift coming through.But not anymore.IMG_0022.JPG

Back