Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Essential Cali Topper

spiderstu

spiderstu

VIP Member
We set off yesterday on our first 2 week trip in the Cali. We've managed a week previously,but we have played it safe and stuck to the UK in case we need to get home quickly.

I dropped into the supermarket to pick up some raspberries on the way yesterday....and see a headline on the front of one of the newspapers announcing the UK is due for a week of tropical storms. Hmm.

Last night we were in Hayfield, in the Peaks. And sure enough in comes the thunder and lightening. We managed to get the Cali Topper on in time, with the help of a tall fellow camper with long arms. It was a lifesaver. The kids had a sound night asleep in the top while we watched the lightening and kept dry in the van.

I don't think we would dream of travelling in the UK without a topper. Our trip to Scotland earlier in the year without the topper resulted in soaked sleeping bags, semi wet children, and, bizarrely, water dripping from the light fittings.

Keep your fingers crossed for us for a dry couple of weeks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375005749.493865.jpg

Cheers Stu, Glad we could keep you, the sleeping bags and more importantly the kids Dry!

Was it thundering when you took the photo? Your little one looks like they've got their hands over their ears! :D

Cheers Nick

Yeah Nick. We had loud thunder. And plenty more since. This afternoon it was rolling without stopping which was very weird.

I'm not sure we have the topper fitted correctly as we appear to have had some water run off issues. I'll drop you an email.

By the way out awning side panels are doing us well too. I'll post another photo of our set up with one of the short sides and the long side fitted.

Stu