Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wrapping awning

Ian S.

Ian S.

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Having replaced my 2016 Cali with 2018 Cali 4Mo, I decided to wrap my awning in Indium grey to increase stealth mode think it has come out rather well. It has been talked about on forum but not seen any pictures. Here is mine. 276B269B-83CA-42F7-AB78-35C1D450F517.jpeg

Having replaced my 2016 Cali with 2018 Cali 4Mo, I decided to wrap my awning in Indium grey to increase stealth mode think it has come out rather well. It has been talked about on forum but not seen any pictures. Here is mine. View attachment 61231
Hi Ian S.

I think it looks great, any time saving tips for someone (ie. me) thinking about doing the same. Did you remove the end caps etc?

Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark
I gave the whole awning unit to local company who do wrapping. Didn't trust myself to do the job properly! The original was grey and caps were white I think, so I paint sprayed them black myself and the result was fine. Wrapper charged about £160 I think.
I have now taken awning off for winter as there is no point in lugging that to Alps where i am heading in December to leave van out there for the season.
Good luck on wrapping

Back