Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Yes or no to fuel additives

Alan

Alan

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just visited my local garage to mot my 02 transporter and noticed some pamphlets on the counter advertising a diesel additive.
Not sure if I'm allowed to name the manufacture,so I won't.
The claims are really impressive - 1.cleans and lubricates the fuel pump,and improves fuel stability. 2.cleans and lubricants injection pump,fuel lines and pressure sensors.3.cleans and lubricates injectors,restoring spray patterns. 4.reduces combustion chamber deposits including compression rings and valve seats. 5.cleans and lubricates valves. 6.cleans and lubricates egr and inlet valves. 7.lowers smoke and particle emissions. 8.optimising combustion allows the catalytic converter to operate efficiently to ensure maximum reduction of harmful exhaust emissions,etc,etc....I won't go on,so I'm wondering is there any thing we can do to minimize buildup of contamination to our egr valves and dpf (apart from leaving our Cali's parked up) in anticipation of being advised not to use above additive... :thanks

Really not sure why you need such an additive. Unless you are buying cheap diesel that has been mixed with poor quality biofuels, ten the top quality stuff has additives included that improve mpg and clean and lube as it goes.