Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuel treatment

Outanbout

Outanbout

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Dear all. Our van is booked in for its second service with a VW dealer and along with the email confirmation, they offer some form of fuel treatment, that apparently help to reduce emissions, increase MPG and cleans out the fuel lines and injectors, all for the price of £20.
My question is, are they selling "Snake Oil"?
Thanks for reading this post and I await your always informative replies.

Could possibly have some benefit, you've asked the question in the right place. I would say that if you are buying your fuel from any UK forecourt there might be only a limited benefit, if any.
Petrol treatments used to be quite commom e.g.Redex, STP, but that was when fuel quality might have beeen more suspect. I don't think that they are so common now and I haven't heard of any diesel treatment.

Thanks Vagophile for the quick reply, and you reminded me of my "boy racer" days when we added 'Castrol R' to our 2 stroke petrol engines simply for the glorious smell....Oh what great days they were!

Have just taken a look on the internet and found that there are diesel additives available for DIY with the same claims. Think I'll save the £20.

Thanks for your help.

Chris.

Just fill up with the better fuel that the bigger supplies offer ( BP & Shell )

Don’t pay VW, you can DIY for less money.

We used Rhino additive in our old T4, and time to time in T5.1; fuel consumption improves on a run. Was sceptical but it seems to work.

Essentially it’s the same as putting premium diesel in, but works out cheaper.

product (Skoda)

from the Guru post # 15

Jus been shopping in Lidl and would you believe it they have 2 bottles of Redex diesel fuel treatment for The princely sum of £4.99 that’s for 2 full tank treatments. I don’t know where they got the £20 from.

Thanks Vagophile for the quick reply, and you reminded me of my "boy racer" days when we added 'Castrol R' to our 2 stroke petrol engines simply for the glorious smell....Oh what great days they were!

Have just taken a look on the internet and found that there are diesel additives available for DIY with the same claims. Think I'll save the £20.

Thanks for your help.

Chris.
I still keep a litre of Castrol R to occasionally add to a tank petrol in the bike..There is 2 things missing from Bike racing 1/ The ear splitting sound of a racing engine with OPEN Megaphones 2/ The smell of Castrol R.

Thanks Vagophile for the quick reply, and you reminded me of my "boy racer" days when we added 'Castrol R' to our 2 stroke petrol engines simply for the glorious smell....

Chris.
Well that and to lubricate the engine!

Thanks Vagophile for the quick reply, and you reminded me of my "boy racer" days when we added 'Castrol R' to our 2 stroke petrol engines simply for the glorious smell....Oh what great days they were!.
Oh yes, happy days on my old 350LC :happy

The modern equivalent. Smells the same.
Run it in your strimmer/chainsaw etc for that nostalgic vibe
IMG_5034.jpeg

Back