Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Yorkshire Dales - Advice Please

L

logyk

VIP Member
I am trying to plan a short trip to the Dales and need advice on a campsite.

The essentials are that it is within walking distance of a pub which serves good food and that it is in a good spot for planning interesting walks in the stunning countryside which abounds in the Dales. I would prefer not to have to move the van once it is parked up.

All suggestions gratefully received. :thumb

Goredale Scar Farm campsite at Malham. Owner is a bit odd and didn't want to charge me for one night because it rained. Facilities are very basic.

Some nice walks from there. Pubs in the village, although they were packed when we were there on a BH weekend, so ended up not eating there.

Our visit: http://wp.me/p223xC-2p

The CC site at Hawes is excellent. Village centre is 5 minutes walk.

Stayed at the CC site at Leyburn last week. Also v good, but a slightly longer walk (20 mins) into the village. Loads of eating places/pubs. Best Indian sit down we've had for a long time.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Malham is a contender - the walking looks excellent.

Do you have any info on the walking possibilities at Hawes cpjb ?

Any more suggestions ?

Don't know if you would class it as the Dales but we enjoyed our stay at Spiers House caravan and camping site, Crompton Pickering. There is a pub in the forest.
www.campingintheforest.co.uk

Unfortunately it appears that the Spiers House site is closed .

But thanks for the response.

Might be a bit out of your way, but hooks house farm at Robin hoods bay is lovely. Fantastic views, easy walk to the pubs

Back