Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Your Cali in the snow

Oscar on the North Coast 500 last week - coped very well with snowy conditions, but very grateful for 4 Motion!

I have an internal Brandrup ISO topper fitted, cosy with the heater on a low setting and if sleeping upstairs with a sleeping-bag means a comfortable night even at -7, so no worries in the snow. I love winter camping.
It wasn’t windy though, so can’t comment on that factor.

d5232d31d21bfcc20349a540373e0e51.jpg

Sainte Foy Tarentaise at Christmas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Looks really sweet less is more

E3BFCF76-D7F4-4EF6-B85B-3B4F207A9E2F.jpeg Derbyshire last December. Expected it to be cold but not snow. Directly behind pub so perfect combination with walking in the dales.

:thanks

Looks like there is a Municipal next door and a Campingplatz in town as well so parking should not be an issue even in summer.

Do you drive to the lifts in the Cali?
Hi
We haven't skied from there but i am sure there is a ski bus passes the site during the ski season, the Campingplatz is close enough to walk but is generally packed in winter.

Which pub were you staying at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Waterloo Inn at Biggin. Small site with basic facilities. Lovely spot. Worth booking ahead as it’s very popular. Even in December!

Trev, what’s the little Cabin next to you? Do you all get your own loo?
Hi Thruxton. Yes that was the game changer and the reason we chose that site. The cabin contained shower, loo, basin, washing up sink, heater and a huge hot water tank. Made life very comfortable indeed. They even supplied a snow shovel and broom.

Hi Thruxton. Yes that was the game changer and the reason we chose that site. The cabin contained shower, loo, basin, washing up sink, heater and a huge hot water tank. Made life very comfortable indeed. They even supplied a snow shovel and broom.
Game changer indeed, normally a ski to door chalet person but that would make such a difference.

I love this thread, so many great snow pics, it’s a real demonstration of how California’s are not just for summer, they are just as cosy to use in winter ⛷

Back