Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Your T6 order confirmed?

treecity

treecity

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I wonder how many T6 orders VW are sitting on and why haven't they confirmed a single one yet?!

So far, this is the most pleasurable £60,000 I have ever spent! ;-)

Ordered weeks ago and VW have still not confirmed our order on their 'system' and I bet they haven't confirmed a single T6 order at all.

From VW: no brochure, no price list, no accessory brochure or price list, no information, nothing at all!

From this forum: everything!

Without this forum we would never have ordered.

Maybe collectively, we should write a letter and get everyone who had ordered to sign it and send it to the VW board of directors. If we tally the amount spent I bet we can break the £1million pound barrier

I got an order number from the dealer which confirmed that i couldnt make any changes now it was in the system. No build week yet though.

I got an order number from the dealer which confirmed that i couldnt make any changes now it was in the system. No build week yet though.
Interesting! May I ask when you had the confirmation?

This week our dealer said our order still hadn't been accepted/confirmed on the system so I could still make changes.

From VW: no brochure, no price list, no accessory brochure or price list, no information, nothing at all!

Options list T6 ocean & beach now on Drivethedeal & other car websites

Options list T6 ocean & beach now on Drivethedeal & other car websites
Mightily relieved to see that my deal with the VW dealer is better than the drivethedeal quote. Would have felt pretty peeved!

OK to get this right, if you have not had an offical build date this means your slotting has not been confirmed.

When you order it goes on internal system and once it has been accepted by the factory you get a build number and week slot. If you have not had slot it means your order has not been accepted at factory

In Germany

UK was the last to launch so please remember Germany, Netherlands, France, Spain are all in front of you

And don't wait until your order is accepted by the factory to make any changes. Changes are verboten once the order is accepted. There are some order stages that the systems they use know, but from memory once your order is accepted you've had it in terms of any changes, unless of course they are dealer fit options.

I think Ireland may be last to launch...

Has anyone received a confirmed factory build slot yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet. But the dealer has said that someone who ordered theirs a couple of weeks before I did (I ordered w.c. 17/8) has now got a build of week 48 on the system.

Mine has moved from estimated build week 48 to 46. Still isn't confirmed yet though.

Build week confirmed for week 40 so should be taking delivery sometime in November.

PJE when did you place your order? Much more positive than I read in some boards. Talk that no UK orders would commence build until New Year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a build week of 45 but, as dealer has pointed out, it is still NOT confirmed, which means that it is an irrelevant date.

TomC. We were just about to leave the country for a long holiday and so decided to move swiftly, concerned by the rumours of delivery dates well into 2016. We received the options list on the 10th August, agreed a deal on 11th August, and I recall our order was confirmed by VW UK the following day.

TomC. We were just about to leave the country for a long holiday and so decided to move swiftly, concerned by the rumours of delivery dates well into 2016. We received the options list on the 10th August, agreed a deal on 11th August, and I recall our order was confirmed by VW UK the following day.

Unfortunately, a confirmed order is not also a confirmed delivery or build week.

VW could actually say that your build week could be 2017 if they wanted to!

Treecity is correct, the build date given by dealers is not a real date, once confirmed by factory you will be given a unique code to follow the build process online. My dealer says no UK orders have been accepted by the factory yet :(

We were just about to leave the country for a long holiday and so decided to move swiftly, concerned by the rumours of delivery dates well into 2016. We received the options list on the 10th August, agreed a deal on 11th August, and I recall our order was confirmed by VW UK the following day...

...and as I noted in my first post we have now been given a confirmed 'build week'. Build week 40 was confirmed by the factory in Germany just over a week ago, and a production slot has been booked for w/c 28 September 2015. I understand that all the particular parts needed at the California production plant for our California are now in place ready for assembly. I also have the unique factory code.

We are remaining positive, looking forward to our first California, and hope that all other prospective T6 owners are too. Glass half full, treecity! Don't succumb to that T6 negativity!

I have been told today that despite ordering mid August and being told that it would be a circa 16 week delivery time...It is now unlikely that my order will be confirmed by VW until December and then it will be a 16 week lead time.

This is the response from someone in VW customer service ....

'I have been advised by our Retail and Sales team that once an order is confirmed at the Factory, the average lead time for a T6 is 16 weeks as advised by the van Centre. Many things can effect and factor this from supply and demand to factory delays to the allocated quota available to the supplying Van Centre. After looking at the Van Centre’s quota it seems that the order will not be processed by the Factory until December this year, so we are looking at early 2016 for delivery'

So best case scenario is mid March delivery. If I'm lucky.

I think we ordered at the same time as you Aidy and we have also been contacted to say even though our order was accepted and we were given a build date this has NOT been accepted by the factory in Germany !! Our unique code we were given means nothing! Did you order from VW Lancashire as it looks like they have over ordered and filled up all their slots for this year. Our build date is not until February now and we have been warned this is still liable to change.

We have also been warned there are some differences on the UK spec model now including differences with the dash, upstairs lights and front window blinds, from what I can gather we get curtains instead of fixed blinds, the other differences they were not clear on including some options that should not of been in the UK price list.

What a mess up this all is, this is my first experience of VW and it feels like I am dealing with amateurs

I think we ordered at the same time as you Aidy and we have also been contacted to say even though our order was accepted and we were given a build date this has NOT been accepted by the factory in Germany !! Our unique code we were given means nothing! Did you order from VW Lancashire as it looks like they have over ordered and filled up all their slots for this year. Our build date is not until February now and we have been warned this is still liable to change.

We have also been warned there are some differences on the UK spec model now including differences with the dash, upstairs lights and front window blinds, from what I can gather we get curtains instead of fixed blinds, the other differences they were not clear on including some options that should not of been in the UK price list.

What a mess up this all is, this is my first experience of VW and it feels like I am dealing with amateurs

No. I ordered from Yorkshire. Have you got exact details of the differences in the UK spec please Duncan?
Curtains...what next...Pelmets and Nets? I've ordered a Cali because its supposed to be modern.

I think the word curtains was translated from the factory in Germany, I suspect we will not know until the first Cali arrives in the UK. This has really angered me as I am basically paying for something which is an unknown qyantity. I am in the process of trying to find out EXACTY what the differences are between the UK and Continental Cali's as I am seriously looking at cancelling my order at the moment!

The phrase pizz up in a brewery comes to mind!

The dash has always been different on the UK model compared to continent and all the press pictures we have seen have been of the model from Germany, I suspect we will not find out until the first RHD lands in the UK

Back