Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bargain mats

VIP Member
Fancy a spare set of mats at a very reasonable cost?

I just bought a set of these -
https://www.valuecarmats.com/search?q=california

They fit really well and if you apply the discount code "IWANTADEAL" they are just £22 for a full set of front, living & boot area. Very good value.

Hope that is of interest to somebody.

Simon

They are good value but the weave / loops of the carpets do catch bits of grass which is difficult to get out with a vacuum. It needs plenty of persuasion !

777111 said:
Fancy a spare set of mats at a very reasonable cost?

I just bought a set of these -
https://www.valuecarmats.com/search?q=california

They fit really well and if you apply the discount code "IWANTADEAL" they are just £22 for a full set of front, living & boot area. Very good value.

Hope that is of interest to somebody.

Simon
:thanks
Ordered a set for my Beach. I have 4 rails so have gone for the 3 rail set as the fourth rail appears to be just for the cupboard. Let's hope they fit, at least they will cover the main traffic area between the seats. Could really do with a VW monster mat for that area in the middle of the front.

Andy

Set ordered for 2 rail and wil collect when i am in the UK next week, thanks for the link ! Cheapest i got quoted here was $450 !

Might be a bit of a daft question, but are people ordering mats mostly for extra warmth/comfort etc? So far I've just had the original flooring and thinking it might just keep that rather than bother with carpet as I can just give it a mop and a brush down, rather than worry about carpets getting filthy (with 3 kids carpets tend to just get food and other stuff trodden into them!)

However, this does seem like a remarkably good deal...!

Just checked and with the discount code its coming up as

Sub-Total: £54.95
Shipping : £4.79
VAT (already included) + 20% : £9.96
Discount : -£23.90
Total: £35.84

Am I doing something wrong?

robo said:
Just checked and with the discount code its coming up as

Sub-Total: £54.95
VAT (already included) + 20% : £9.96
Discount : -£23.90
Total: £35.84

Am I doing something wrong?

Price looks wrong to start with. Here's my order:

Price Quantity Total
£31.95 1 £31.95
Sub-Total: £31.95
Shipping: £4.79
VAT 20%: £6.12
Discount: -£14.69
Order Total: £22.04

Andy

Mine was the same as Andy's, ordered yesterday maybe they've put the price up?

GuyB said:
Mine was the same as Andy's, ordered yesterday maybe they've put the price up?

Yep, afraid so the price has gone up.
Good while it lasted and still a fair price - they do fit very well.

Simon

Ordered a 3 rail set yesterday night at about 2230hrs after reading this topic- got the £22 price by applying the discount code- paid with Paypal and it was confirmed at £22 odd.

Might be worth having another go...

Good luck

Dave

Mats just arrived and fitted in 2 seat bench Beach. Just a small area left uncovered, but you don't walk there and the Waeco fridge lives there normally so not an issue. You need to release the cupboard clip, lift the cupboard and slide mat underneath. Not too thick, so cupboard clips down okay.

Maybe we should ask them to do mats for both variants of the Beach as well at introductory price of £22 with discount :D At that price I may buy a second set: one for town and one for country.

Andy

IMAG0052[1].jpg

Just tried and it does appear that the price has gone up.
However still seem a good deal.
Do you have to remove the existing two footwell mats and replace them or does the valuemat go over them?

robo said:
Just tried and it does appear that the price has gone up.
However still seem a good deal.
Do you have to remove the existing two footwell mats and replace them or does the valuemat go over them?

You would need to remove them as the clips are quite tight on just a single set. Guess you could just lie them flat but I took out the OE ones and fitted the new set instead.
They do seem a good fit.

I put the front mat under my rubber monster mats. The main thing for me was covering the central area where you stand to open the Beach roof.

Goldie said:
I put the front mat under my rubber monster mats. The main thing for me was covering the central area where you stand to open the Beach roof.
ah yes, just noticed mine is already grubby...!

maui2512 said:
Goldie said:
ah yes, just noticed mine is already grubby...!

It doesn't look like they do a set for the 3 seat bench Beach. I agree that the back doesn't need a mat and can be mopped out easily. Might be worthwhile asking if they will do just the front mat, at least it will protect the vulnerable areas of the ridiculously light carpet.

Andy

Goldie said:
It doesn't look like they do a set for the 3 seat bench Beach. I agree that the back doesn't need a mat and can be mopped out easily. Might be worthwhile asking if they will do just the front mat, at least it will protect the vulnerable areas of the ridiculously light carpet.

Andy
yes agree! having had the kids dropping grapes, chocolate buttons and crisps on the floor already (plus muddy boots after a walk on Sunday) I think the plastic floor is going to suit us much better for the back :crazy I just can't expect them to not drop stuff when I'm making them eat their tea in there so a washable, scrubbable floor works much better for us. But definitely that front middle bit is going to take a battering so would be good to find a solution for that!

The 'T5 2003 Onwards' front seat mat at https://www.valuecarmats.com/p/996/volkswagen-t5-transporter-2003-now-car-mats would appear to be the same pattern as the Cali set. This would solve the problem of protecting the bit between the seats and dependent on what you have in the footwells, some additional protection there (Goldie says they go under Monsters which is what I have). The same discount code works out at

Sub-Total: £14.95
Discount : -£7.90
Total: £11.84

So definitely worth a punt!

Ma77sc said:

The 'T5 2003 Onwards' front seat mat at https://www.valuecarmats.com/p/996/volkswagen-t5-transporter-2003-now-car-mats would appear to be the same pattern as the Cali set. This would solve the problem of protecting the bit between the seats and dependent on what you have in the footwells, some additional protection there (Goldie says they go under Monsters which is what I have). The same discount code works out at

:thanks Good spot. I may buy a spare for the front as its the carpet that needs protecting in this winter weather. The monsters are a few inches longer and cover the footrest on the left so best to use a both.

Andy

Ma77sc said:

I've just ordered the front mat- thanks for spotting that! I'll let you know how I get on with it...only £11.84 so won't be too expensive a mistake if they're no good anyway!

Back