Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bargain mats

We purchased some of these a few weeks ago and were initially impressed but after a week away over Christmas with the family we have found they are not going to stand the test of time as they are very difficult to clean as all the dirt is impossible to remove with a vacuum cleaner, also we have noticed we keep picking stray threads.

I am now asking myself that I have a Cali worth nearly £50k yet I scrimped on a set of mats haha

Does anyone know if the velour ones will be any better and hard wearing?

Thx, I should of done that in the first place :headbang

Like my old grandad used to say = BUY CHEAP - BUY TWICE

That's right kim :thumb mine are now 2 years old and still look good.The mud seems to brush off easily :thumb

maui2512 said:
Ma77sc said:
It doesn't look like they do a set for the 3 seat bench Beach. I agree that the back doesn't need a mat and can be mopped out easily. Might be worthwhile asking if they will do just the front mat, at least it will protect the vulnerable areas of the ridiculously light carpet.

The 'T5 2003 Onwards' front seat mat at https://www.valuecarmats.com/p/996/volkswagen-t5-transporter-2003-now-car-mats would appear to be the same pattern as the Cali set. This would solve the problem of protecting the bit between the seats and dependent on what you have in the footwells, some additional protection there (Goldie says they go under Monsters which is what I have). The same discount code works out at

Sub-Total: £14.95
Shipping : £4.79
Discount : -£7.90
Total: £11.84

So definitely worth a punt!
I've just ordered the front mat- thanks for spotting that! I'll let you know how I get on with it...only £11.84 so won't be too expensive a mistake if they're no good anyway!

Just ordered one of these, As i am only really worried about the middle bit (monster mats will be on top) then for £12 think it's ok.

Maybe different if you want carpet mats in the front and not rubber, But i've found that rubber one's work better for cleaning for every day use, having had T5 work vans for the last 6 years.

Back