Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thule EasyFold XT 2-Bike Towbar Mounted Bike Rack

M

Mawri

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello I’ve have just picked up my new 2024 California. I have the standard Westfalia detachable tow-bar, I want to buy the Thule EasyFold XT 2-Bike Tow-bar Mounted Bike Rack

It’s not the 911 it’s the newer type with the bigger mounting handle. My question is, will I be able to open the tailgate with the modifications? Or will the tailgate hit the handle that clamps onto the tow ball as it’s to high? I’ve read it’s ok if you have an aftermarket tow-bar as you can drop the height

I have looked everywhere and can’t find an answer, thanks in advance

I wouldn't really know.
I bought an Atera Strada Evo 3. This bike rack slides away from the back, making it possible to open the tailgate.
Better to look up some video's where they present this specific bike rack. If it only tilts away, it's probably not letting you open the tailgate.

foto (100).JPG

IMG_20190526_195127.jpg

Hello I’ve have just picked up my new 2024 California. I have the standard Westfalia detachable tow-bar, I want to buy the Thule EasyFold XT 2-Bike Tow-bar Mounted Bike Rack

It’s not the 911 it’s the newer type with the bigger mounting handle. My question is, will I be able to open the tailgate with the modifications? Or will the tailgate hit the handle that clamps onto the tow ball as it’s to high? I’ve read it’s ok if you have an aftermarket tow-bar as you can drop the height

I have looked everywhere and can’t find an answer, thanks in advance
Hi
I have the Thule VeloSpace 3 and the tailgate will not open. The detachable swan neck is not long enought

My 2021 manufactured Thule XT 2 bike rack drops down to allow the rear door to open on my MY2023 Ocean with the modifications explained in these links:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/thule-easyfold-931.17874/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxWMFUJcarI&t=75s

The velospace xt is different and you can't do that mod. I had a look at it today and i found you can get it to fold lower by moving the restraining cables to another position.
Once lowered I can now open the tailgate even with the bike on.

20240413_143435.jpg

20240413_143623.jpg