“Black” bike rack

• Thread starter King Rupert Rules
  • Start date
K

King Rupert Rules

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Does anyone know where I can purchase a VW (non electric tailgate) bike rack / carrier in a BLACK finish for my T6.1 California? Preferably in Germany - or able to ship to Germany.

Speak to Matt at vw t5 upgrades in the uk, he does them in black

Alternatively, carefully disassemble, spay & reassemble and save yourself £400.

Alternatively, carefully disassemble, spay & reassemble and save yourself £400.
No very easy to disassemble it involves having to drill out riv nuts and re installing new riv nuts with a rivet gun and you wouldn’t want to just spray paint as that wouldn’t last very long at all, it needs to be powder coated at least or even better annoodised if you can find somewhere with a big enough tank to drop it into.

I ain’t selling it, someone asked where you can get one from so I added a link

No very easy to disassemble it involves having to drill out riv nuts and re installing new riv nuts with a rivet gun and you wouldn’t want to just spray paint as that wouldn’t last very long at all, it needs to be powder coated at least or even better annoodised if you can find somewhere with a big enough tank to drop it into.
We left the rivets in and masked of the plastic. Everything else was disassembled, painted and reassembled. That was two years ago and it still looks good.
Whilst we don’t continually load bikes on & off, we do use it every time we go away, which is several times a year.
If the OP has money to spare, a powder coated one would of course be more durable. I was just suggesting an alternative.