Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

07 T5 - Dash Odometer & clock remaining on after turning off - normal ?

BigPritch

BigPritch

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi Guys,
just got the Cali back from a VW Van Centre, as took it in because the odometer & clock stay on after I've turned the engine off.
Van Centre says this is standard for this type of model, and won't drain the starter battery.

Sure thats correct (couldn't find anything here), but appreciate your vast knowledge on this.

Many thanks

From memory, our 08 SE was the same, but sorry I can't be 100% sure.

Hi Guys,
just got the Cali back from a VW Van Centre, as took it in because the odometer & clock stay on after I've turned the engine off.
Van Centre says this is standard for this type of model, and won't drain the starter battery.

Sure thats correct (couldn't find anything here), but appreciate your vast knowledge on this.

Many thanks
Normal. Comes on when vehicle is unlocked and goes off when door shut BUT after a short delay, about 3 mins on my vehicle.

Normal. Comes on when vehicle is unlocked and goes off when door shut BUT after a short delay, about 3 mins on my vehicle.
Hmm, mine is on the whole time, never goes off.....
T5 2007 2.5D

Hmm, mine is on the whole time, never goes off.....
T5 2007 2.5D
So when you go to the vehicle in the morning, after being locked overnight, before unlocking you can see the odometer reading displayed?

Back