Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Turning gas on and off

MelanieW1

MelanieW1

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just been away for our first overnight stay since picking up Florence on Wednesday! It was such fun :).

What do you all do re the gas - my plan is to turn the gas off at the bottle if I'm not using Florence for a few days but otherwise just to turn it off under the sink after each brew / meal etc. Is this safe or should I be turning it off at the bottle before I drive anywhere?

Thanks, Melanie

That's what I do Melanie
And I thought I that is how it is designed to be used, or the bottle would be eaisier To acess, And there would be no need for the under sink tap.

But I know there are those who turn it off all the time at the bottle in case you have an accident and the pipe is torn

The way we do it is
  • Driving off at the bottle and off in the van
  • When pitched up we leave on
I have taken the metal shelf out of the van so the big black locker cap is easly to get to just remove my beach shoes

Last edited:
@MelanieW1 ,
What you say is the way most do it .
No problem for beeing gassed in the Cali , but however in some countries (actually do not now in witch , says enough as we been to more than 10 countries with our Cali :confused:) and on ferries the valve must be closed on the botlle. Just remember this.

We have never been asked about the Gaz bottle being turned off when traveling on a Brittany Ferry, which we do a lot, however I gather many do get asked if it is turned off when using the Euro tunnel trains.

Alan

Back