Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12v dashboard ports not working after main battery low

Explorer

Explorer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi
Having not used our van for a few weeks the main battery was low. We charged by driving for a few hours day trip so battery issue resolved.
However the 12v ports near the gear and on dash are no longer working.
Could anyone or @Loz (hope okay to ask!) advise a fix?
Perhaps I should invest in a trickle charger now too. But using the van more would be better all round!

Thanks in advance

What does your camping control panel indicate for state of charge and voltage?

What does your camping control panel indicate for state of charge and voltage?
Sorry for my ignorance but the control doesn’t provide main battery charge does it? Leisure battery fully charged.

Hi
Having not used our van for a few weeks the main battery was low. We charged by driving for a few hours day trip so battery issue resolved.
However the 12v ports near the gear and on dash are no longer working.
Could anyone or @Loz (hope okay to ask!) advise a fix?
Perhaps I should invest in a trickle charger now too. But using the van more would be better all round!

Thanks in advance
I can’t see what can you have on mobile but pic looks like a 6.1. All the 12v sockets are now fed by the leisures. Non of them come from the starter battery anymore, not even “in front of seats” ones. If they are not working the only real answer would be fuses. Not sure which ones they are but that’s where I’d start checking.

Sorry for my ignorance but the control doesn’t provide main battery charge does it? Leisure battery fully charged.
It doesn’t. The only easy way to check starter is pop the hood and multimeter across the terminals.

Try SH6 through SH10 under the front left seat. Should be yellow.

Edit 6,7 -> 6-10

Last edited:
We charged by driving
[T6.1] If at all possible prefer EHU as this will give you a proper charge profile and current limiting.

Edit: limit advice to T6.1.

Last edited:
Confirmed all rear ports are working as well a fridge. Will attempt to find the due numbers for the 12v sockets on dash and give them a wiggle. Never done that before but found them next to steering wheel and just need to get some spares.
Could be the main battery isn’t 100% charged yet - good excuse to go out again!