Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12v doesn't seem to be working?

Juliette ryan

Juliette ryan

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Ive just plugged in my new radiator - into the 12v plug and nothing happens? Am I doing something wrong? Leisure battery fully charged - I'm wary of electrics so haven't investigated anything as yet - thought I'd ask you all first - any idea?
Thanks

Witch 12v plug , location?

Ive just plugged in my new radiator - into the 12v plug and nothing happens? Am I doing something wrong? Leisure battery fully charged - I'm wary of electrics so haven't investigated anything as yet - thought I'd ask you all first - any idea?
Thanks
"12v radiator" ?
Have you tried plugging another 12v appliance in? Which 12v socket are you plugging into?

Is the radiator 12v OR 240v? I don't know of a 12 v radiator.

Thanks
Can you give any more information about the radiator? Like make and model for example. It is quite possible that if you have connected it to a 12V socket, then you may have blown a fuse as they will only supply a limited amount of current.

Got it from Everything VWCalifornia - it’s a Tempo oil filled rad
Voltage- 220-240v ~50/60Hz
Power level - 700w

Ahh - that makes sense - so I can only use it when I’m hooked up?
Is that for both of those plugs?
Thanks

Got it from Everything VWCalifornia - it’s a Tempo oil filled rad
Voltage- 220-240v ~50/60Hz
Power level - 700w
Assume you are plugged into the 3 pin mains socket not 12v "cigarette lighter" socket?

If you've plugged it in to the 3 pin power socket on the end of the kitchen, that only works when you are on hookup.

DO NOT try plugging it in to the inverter socket in the door pillar as it can't cope with that kind of power drain.

Got it - yes plugged into the 3 pin right of cooker - thanks all - I’ll be as warm as toast very soon.

Back