Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12v fan oscillating - recommendations

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Does anyone use a 12v fan to keep them cool in the pop top ?. Looking for the smallest with the best output that uses the least juice ?. There are quite a few options on-line for less than £10.00 - id prefer to pay a bit more for better quality - any thoughts

I got an oscillating 12v fan from e bay last year and it was utter crap, chucked it in the bin but kept the wire and ciggy plug, so don't bother imo. Ended up with a usb fan from Maplins which is 100 times better.

Does anyone use a 12v fan to keep them cool in the pop top ?. Looking for the smallest with the best output that uses the least juice ?. There are quite a few options on-line for less than £10.00 - id prefer to pay a bit more for better quality - any thoughts
I gave up on 12v fans as most couldn't blow a candle out at 1 pace distance.
Use this instead. Works off mains hook-up and as it is specced at less than 100w will work from the inverter if wild camping.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000QW5RW8/?tag=eliteelect-21

I have tried around five 12v fans at various prices and they have all been crap, I now take a small 240v home fan with me and works a treat and is virtually silent, only downside is it can't be used unless on hook up, it may however work on the inverter as it is low wattage but I have never tried this.

Not an oscillating fan but I use a rechargeable fan that will sit on a low fan rate when being charged. On a hot day a little folding solar panel will allow the fan to be on and circulating air without taking from the vehicle battery but because the fan has an 18650 size battery of its own it has a pretty good run time of its own and can, when on its own battery, push a very creditable amount of air for such a small unit. It is always in the van.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014SC5N66/?tag=eliteelect-21

Again not an oscillating fan but very powerful a bit expensive but a fabulous bit of kit the Endless Breeze about £75.
Definitely strong enough to blow off your cobwebs.

image.jpeg

Back