Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12v socket on sink unit behind passenger seat

C

cotters

I've just changed the 12v socket to a CBE 12v UK version- pretty much the same as the lighter socket on the dash- it shows just over 10v DC when I test it with a meter.

When I plug anything into charge which has been tested on the other 2 12v Sockets it doesn't work.....is this because this socket is supplied with just 10v whereas the 2 others are supplied with 12v?

Grrrrr- its really winding me up :headwall

You should have 12v on that socket, is your leisure battery fully charged?

You could try connecting your mains hook up as this should boost the voltage and when the charger comes on try the voltage again at the socket.

If the voltage picks up it is showing, as Martin said, that the leisure battery voltage is low.

John

Thanks guys- I'll try the hook up & charge it for a while....I'm guessing I'll be back for some more thoughts from you though!

Tried topping up the leisure battery but had no affect on the 12v socket- its baffling!

Next thing to check is the leisure battery voltage and if the charger is working.

Go to one of the leisure battery's the easiest to get to is the one under the passenger seat. Now check the voltage and I am guessing it will be low showing around 10V. Now plug your mains hook up cable into your Cali. The voltage across the leisure battery should now be more like 13.5V.

If the Voltage is low still check the mains circuit breaker in the wardrobe and if that is OK it looks like a charger fault or fuse,

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on.

John