Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12v Sockets 2022 Ocean

S

simonav124567

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Just picked up our brand new Ocean and trying to work out the 12v sockets. Plugging in my phone to each of the sockets forward of the B pillar (next to the gear stick and on the dash at the front) and both seem to be powered by the leisure battery. I can only check this by looking at the control panel for draw on the leisure battery. Which goes from -1a to -2a and 60h remaining to 44h remaining when I plug in the device.

Is that a sure fire way to confirm they are wired to the leisure batteries? Also I don't seem to have usb sockets in the glove box. Is that expected?

Just picked up our brand new Ocean and trying to work out the 12v sockets. Plugging in my phone to each of the sockets forward of the B pillar (next to the gear stick and on the dash at the front) and both seem to be powered by the leisure battery. I can only check this by looking at the control panel for draw on the leisure battery. Which goes from -1a to -2a and 60h remaining to 44h remaining when I plug in the device.

Is that a sure fire way to confirm they are wired to the leisure batteries? Also I don't seem to have usb sockets in the glove box. Is that expected?
That's my experience on our MY21 Coast too

OK good to know - if they are connected to the starter battery and I'm charging a phone whilst stationary for example. Will they automatically switch off after 20 minutes or will they drain the battery?

No time out that I am aware of. So if you have ascertained that they are connected to the leisure pair, then that is the best outcome in my humble opinion