Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

12V Sockets Troubleshooting

B

B9BHS

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I know I know, its bound to be out there somewhere but try as I might, I cannot find a specific answer to my question or at least what I have found doesn't answer my question, which is:

I have two 12v sockets that have stopped working (Boot and Kitchen) and the others (Seat and roof) still work. I have located the fuses and changed the 15amp ones to no avail, even swapping the ones around that I know work - still nothing!

I am getting super frustrated so thought I'd ask the experts! - CAN ANYONE HELP?! .... Please

Its a 2019 T6 Ocean by the way

I know I know, its bound to be out there somewhere but try as I might, I cannot find a specific answer to my question or at least what I have found doesn't answer my question, which is:

I have two 12v sockets that have stopped working (Boot and Kitchen) and the others (Seat and roof) still work. I have located the fuses and changed the 15amp ones to no avail, even swapping the ones around that I know work - still nothing!

I am getting super frustrated so thought I'd ask the experts! - CAN ANYONE HELP?! .... Please
Hello, you say you have located the fuses, but you have not identified which fuses by number or location. There may be additional fuses to check. There seems to be variances in the wiring for the same model.

Hello, you say you have located the fuses, but you have not identified which fuses by number or location. There may be additional fuses to check. There seems to be variances in the wiring for the same model.
Thanks Nicholas - I have checked some others but nothing stands out, nothing else has stopped working. Do you have anymore details of which other fuses are connected to the 12v supply?

You really need a multimeter to go further.
Using the meter connected black to chassis ground red to fuse check if all the 15 amp fuses are live under the front seat.
If they are then use the meter, black to chassis ground ( may need an extension wire for this) check to see if the central contact in the 12v plug is live.?
Report back.

You really need a multimeter to go further.
Using the meter connected black to chassis ground red to fuse check if all the 15 amp fuses are live under the front seat.
If they are then use the meter, black to chassis ground ( may need an extension wire for this) check to see if the central contact in the 12v plug is live.?
Report back.
Hi... so just had this checked and apparently whilst the fuses are fine and the is power going to the sockets, its on 1.4v. Any suggestions? Presumably a dodgy connection or cable?

Thanks

Hi... so just had this checked and apparently whilst the fuses are fine and the is power going to the sockets, its on 1.4v. Any suggestions? Presumably a dodgy connection or cable?

Thanks
Are both non- working sockets the same?
If they are then it has to be something common to both.

Are both non- working sockets the same?
If they are then it has to be something common to both.
The guy that did it ran out of time to check both and on his hourly rate, I wasn't going to push it . I have a feeling that the faults are separate as they didn't stop working at the same time, if you get me. Thanks

Back