Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

1990 T25 hi top Cali to 2011 T5 Cali.

Frankyworthy

Frankyworthy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi All

New on here. We are selling our old, much loved T25 having bought a 4 year old T5.

2 trips done already and a few queries for the experts please:

1. Any advice on seat covers? Looking for water proof, dark grey. Prices? Where to purchase? Fitting advice?
2. Behind seat storage sacks. Are these worthwhile? Can they be used with seat covers on?
3. Roof tea cosies. Well, roof insulation? Does it work? What's best?

Many thanks for tips and advice. We are loving the new van as much as we did the old banger.

Cheers

Franky

We have the Inkas in grey - best covers I have ever bought for a van - well fitted, well made and worth the money!

Personally I think the Storage sacks would get in the way and they would not be much use when you rotate the seats when camping anyway?

We have the Comfortz topper - bought second hand on here; I love it BUT I would got for the lighter weight one that packs down smaller (into the camping chairs?). We only use it when the weather is miserable (wet and/or cold)

We have the Inkas in grey - best covers I have ever bought for a van - well fitted, well made and worth the money!

Personally I think the Storage sacks would get in the way and they would not be much use when you rotate the seats when camping anyway?

We have the Comfortz topper - bought second hand on here; I love it BUT I would got for the lighter weight one that packs down smaller (into the camping chairs?). We only use it when the weather is miserable (wet and/or cold)

Hi Jonny,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Re Inkas. Are they the darker ones Anthracite, about £400 odd?

Good point about storage sacks. When going from our T25 high top to the pop top T5 we were a bit worried about the lack of space in the new one compared to the old one where you can just throw stuff up top. But we are finding it to be fine with little stow pockets here and there and, of course, there is a boot in the T5 where the engine is in the T25.

Re Topper. We camped in Cornwall in March. It was cold in the pop top even though we had the heater on set at 1. Under the duvet was fine but the air is colder up top even though warm air rises. Does the topper work well? You store it in the camping chairs stow in the tail gate?

Cheers

Franky

I have some VW waterproof dark grey covers you could have cheap, say £50? I replaced them for Brandrup 2nd skin covers recently. Let me know if interested.
Chris

Re Inkas. Are they the darker ones Anthracite, about £400 odd?
Plain old grey for £120 http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-california-se-tailored-waterporoof-full-seat-cover-grey
Good point about storage sacks. When going from our T25 high top to the pop top T5 we were a bit worried about the lack of space in the new one compared to the old one where you can just throw stuff up top. But we are finding it to be fine with little stow pockets here and there and, of course, there is a boot in the T5 where the engine is in the T25.
I was amazed just how much fitted in the kitchen cupboards and the bench draw; leaving the wardrobe and the back top cupboard empty for clothes.
Re Topper. We camped in Cornwall in March. It was cold in the pop top even though we had the heater on set at 1. Under the duvet was fine but the air is colder up top even though warm air rises. Does the topper work well? You store it in the camping chairs stow in the tail gate?
Dorset at Easter, heater on 1, almost too hot! We did one year without and this extends the season somewhat and removes the risk of water ingress from touching the roof walls. Ours is the thicker one that it too large for the chair stowage but their newer one should fit -worth a phone call

And don't forget your VIP discounts

I have some VW waterproof dark grey covers you could have cheap, say £50? I replaced them for Brandrup 2nd skin covers recently. Let me know if interested.
Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks but I think we going to bite the bullet for the Inka or Brandrup ones. Which is my next question - Inka (£499) or Brandrup (640 ish)?

We have just ordered a set of covers from Jackyards. You can have pretty much whatever colour you wish.

The inka are better quality and fit to the brandrup

Plain old grey for £120 http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/vw-california-se-tailored-waterporoof-full-seat-cover-grey

I was amazed just how much fitted in the kitchen cupboards and the bench draw; leaving the wardrobe and the back top cupboard empty for clothes.

Dorset at Easter, heater on 1, almost too hot! We did one year without and this extends the season somewhat and removes the risk of water ingress from touching the roof walls. Ours is the thicker one that it too large for the chair stowage but their newer one should fit -worth a phone call

And don't forget your VIP discounts
Thanks again. I think well go for the thinner one.

Back