Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Beginners guide... things to consider!

I have Inka covers but I'm finding them a bit sweaty and slidey. I'm not taking them off tho due to the dog.

So, given I've also got a dodgy hip, I'm purchasing a medical fleece to put on top when driving, should stay in place with the armrests down, I think. I asked and the company owner uses one in her van. It's washable and will give me a bit of bounce hopefully. Same company do dog beds, so dog is getting one too.

I'm now considering just getting covers for the headrests. Anybody come across any funky designs?

I first had Inka but I didn't t like the feel of sitting on a plastic bag. Now I don't use any and just wrap the dogs in the seat covers when they come with me :shocked

Seriously I'm with Rob above. Never found any that suit me so just use micro fibre towels as a throw whenever I need to.

Mum one general bit of advice is to buy as little as possible in advance of the van arriving. Two weeks into using it and you will find that most of what you considered "essential" is left at home in the dedicated van cupboard and most of what you need is still on the suppliers shelves :(
Great advice. It's so easy to buy lots of things in advance.

My essentials for the van...
Levelling chocks
Something to fill the water tank when you run out
Microfibres towels
Air compressor, torque spanner (you will get a puncture)
Comforts Leisure awning (as you can also just use one panel as a windbreak)
12v USB converter and leads
Portable UE speaker
Sparesafe (when you get a puncture...you will need a spare wheel)
Frisbee
Proper pillows
Mini dust pan and brush
Thank you for the recommendations it's very useful.

Hi
Very interesting comments .. Ive only had my Cali Beach a week and feel they do need seat covers when we go on overnight trips. I don't like coves so I was wondering if I could forget covers then when seats become too dirty to accept get them upholstered with leather . Does anybody reupholster these seats in leather (back bench seats and two front seats).
I would have picke leather to begin with but had to wait too long so I am willing to spenda bit later (expect if somebody does do leather it will be at a big cost).
Ken

Hi
Very interesting comments .. Ive only had my Cali Beach a week and feel they do need seat covers when we go on overnight trips.
I would have picke leather to begin with but had to wait too long so I am willing to spenda bit later (expect if somebody does do leather it will be at a big cost).
Ken

There are a quite a few. More often mentioned on T6 conversion fora.

Captain Seat to give you an idea to start tho...

I've now bought my sheepskin, very cosy!