Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2 Bike racks at once!!

Him&HerTravels

Him&HerTravels

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Anyone attached a towbar and a tailgate bike rack at once? We have the Velospace xt3 with Backspace storage box and wondered about putting 2 bikes on the tailgate mounted VW bike rack above it?!?

Hi, we tried mounting two Cube Ebikes -( mine is quite tall) on our Pro-User Diamant SG2+ tow bar rack without removing the VW Quasi T6 Bike Rack. It didn't work without turning the handlebars of the bike closest to the rear of the van which had fouled on the closed VW rack. With the T6 Rack in the open position it would not have worked at all. Will have to remove & sell the T6 rack in the near future. A bit negative but hope it helps.

Last edited:
Not personally, but met a couple whilst in the Outer Hebrides who had a Thule towbar rack, carrying a Thule Easibag on it, then the VW (Kylie) tailgate rack with 2 bikes on it. Looked to be a great setup.

144BF529-5F16-4CDB-956A-685DC4E16AE5.jpeg
You can check this guy instagram I think is @Bertiesofbaylifestyleor something like that. He has both racks but I don’t think a bike will fit on the tailgate

Thank you all for your replies. The plan is to use the towbar thule rack for the storage box only and then put 2 bikes on the vw tailgate rack as per @Camperfamily message. If I get it all set up on Friday I will post some pics

Back