Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2 Day Cali Hire in Scotland?

mr_glasgow84

mr_glasgow84

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
I’m keen to rent a California Ocean or Beach for two nights to determine if the campervan lifestyle is for us (me, my wife and daughter). Four Seasons in Loch Lomond, but like most other places, request a minimum 3 day booking, increasing to a 7 day minimum booking in summer.

Is anyone aware of any private individuals or companies that offer hire for just a couple of nights? i.e. Fri-Sun.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/pages/hire/

on here appears none in Scotland appears to be a reduction in owners hiring vans out via forum

Thanks for this. If anyone in or around Glasgow is considering hiring their van out then please let me know. Professional couple really just looking to park up at a campsite in Callander and see how we get on cooking and sleeping in it for a couple of nights! As boring as that may sound, we will then know if we’re keen to buy one ourselves!

@MTM84 Have you tried your local dealer, - "if you do not ask" you will never know but they may loan you a van if you're a seriously considering a purchase.

@MTM84 Have you tried your local dealer, - "if you do not ask" you will never know but they may loan you a van if you're a seriously considering a purchase.

I never thought of that but I don’t see any subsequent deal being through my local dealer having already discussed deals etc. Thanks for your input though.

Try Easirent in Edinburgh. We’ve rented from this company many times with great success.

Clark Commercials (the Edinburgh dealer) do rentals:

And also these people:

Clark Commercials (the Edinburgh dealer) do rentals:

And also these people:

Thanks, I’ll have a look.

Seems a strange policy as a 2 day hire is what most people wanting a weekend experience would go for. Again great advice thanks

We used Clark commercials in aberdeen for a 2 day hire to test one and subsequently bought an Ocean from them

A friend of mine has just hired from Stoney Campers in Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire. It’s a family’s Ocean that they rent out. Short hires are possible outside July and August. They don’t seem to be massively booked up.

Roseisle in whitcraig just outside of Edinburgh are hire place they do airport collection too I think.
They have vw westifia, maybe go for a club joker high top.
I bought my van from them, Heather is really helpful.

Thanks, a few suggestions on here look like they will fit the bill. Just need to identify a suitable weekend now!

Any idea how many posts I need before I stop seeing a message saying my post is awaiting moderator approval before it’s visable?

Certain sections of the forum that we need to moderate everybody will need post approval most sections require none and your post will go straight on.

I’ve just booked with Four Seasons Campers for 4 days in October. Liz was very knowledgable and informative and my family and I are very much looking forward to our first experience of the campervan life!

Hi,

Probably too late a reply for the original poster "MTM 84" but just to let you and the larger community know that we're launching a new business from our home in the Scottish Highlands early spring this year called "California-in-Caledonia" .

Based near Inverness - We've just bought two new T6 Ocean vans; one primarily our own, to replace an older T5, and another in two tone Red/White to offer as hire van.

We've a draft and incomplete "coming soon" advert posted in the Hire section of this forum but assuming I'm allowed to openly advertise within this section (sincere apologies if I'm not!) then I'd be pleased to discuss any interest either via PM or through the advert contact details.

Intending to offer an excellent service with high spec, well appointed low mileage vans as well as flexibility of hire periods, particularly at quieter times. We'll offer local pickup from nearby airport / stations and off street parking if you choose to drive.