Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2 extra seats in Ocean. Possible?

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I might need a 6/7 seater for a possible school run lift share next year. I know you can get the extra seat in the ocean, but could you fit 2, or another bench seat? Anyone done it?

Just a thought, could you not remove the rear stop in the runners for the bench and slide it back as far as possible, then fit 2 single seats staggered though it maybe tight.

Just a thought, could you not remove the rear stop in the runners for the bench and slide it back as far as possible, then fit 2 single seats staggered though it maybe tight.
It's possible but not practical and I doubt if your Insurance would be valid.

I might need a 6/7 seater for a possible school run lift share next year. I know you can get the extra seat in the ocean, but could you fit 2, or another bench seat? Anyone done it?

I have managed to fit 2x fifth seats in our T5.1

Try searching for "six seats" etc on the forum.

You have to fit them staggered rear one nearest the fridge. Front one nearest the slider.

There is just about an inch or two of leg room on the bench seat behind the rearmost 5th seat, but space to put legs either side. The Bench has to go back as far as it can go, with the head restraints jammed under the overhead locker.

We used it when our youngest was in a booster & just about managed - did it for one long trip a year. Don't even think about camping with this set up.

Insurance with NFU was not a problem, V5 was changed to 6 seats, I had a carefully worded letter from a VW dealer confirming the additional seat was genuine VW attached to factory fitted rails etc.

For regular use depending on size of those to be transported I would go for a Multimac seat to convert bench to a 3 seater or get the front passenger seat changed to a double.

If all the kids are 16+ rugby playing lumps, forget it, you will be overweight & won't fit!

We sold a seat to an Ocean Owner. I helped them fit it and space was very tight especially with a child seat fitted.

Fitting 2 (if possible) would be very cramped & a pain to get passengers in/out.

We sold a seat to an Ocean Owner. I helped them fit it and space was very tight especially with a child seat fitted.

Fitting 2 (if possible) would be very cramped & a pain to get passengers in/out.

Taking the stops out & moving the bench back makes a huge difference. 5 seats with the bench moved back, access is no different to a caravelle, 7 seater beach etc

I found one of my old posts if you search for "6 seats in a SE" you should find the thread from September 2015 with photos showing all 6 seats in position.

Back