Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2008 Cali T5 4motion tow bar

Janno

Janno

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi guys I'm looking for recommendations, I've got a 2008 T5 Cali 4motion and looking to tow a small lightweight caravan ( for loo and shower purposes only during current restrictions )what make/model tow bar with detachable ball and dedicated electrics would you recommend??, ps I'm fitting this myself so looking for a plug and play kit.... many thanks Janno

What are your professional views on this welshgas??, I maybe thought it would be an easy job as the older 2008 T5 I believe hasn't got the Canbus system and all wiring could be done behind the rear lights for a diy'er

What are your professional views on this welshgas??, I maybe thought it would be an easy job as the older 2008 T5 I believe hasn't got the Canbus system and all wiring could be done behind the rear lights for a diy'er
I‘m no expert, but I believe your vehicle does require Coding of towbar electrics etc for full functionality eg: switching off rear parking sensors when hitched up, switching off rear foglight and adjusting rear braking pressure etc.
This company comes recommende, could be worth giving them a call. PF Jones.

Simpler, non-coding systems an be fitted but I don’t know how they would be wired to carry out those functions.