Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2009 CALI FACE LIFT

N

nottsknight

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Has anybody face lifted their Cali and can you recommend a body shop. I've had quotes varying from £1500 to £2500, and wonder whether or not it is really worth the cost. Some have said that the work will increase the value, and others have said the opposite. Maybe I should buy a later van and avoid the hastle?

Has anybody face lifted their Cali and can you recommend a body shop. I've had quotes varying from £1500 to £2500, and wonder whether or not it is really worth the cost. Some have said that the work will increase the value, and others have said the opposite. Maybe I should buy a later van and avoid the hastle?

I can't see the logic behind it to be honest, it will still be a pre facelift California and from a personal perspective it would put me off buying one that had so much work done to it.

I very much doubt these quotes include the dash which was a major facelift change, or the engine, which I believe also changed at the same time.

Agree alot of work involved for little gain. Perhaps changing the style of the lights and a new grill will freshen it up

headlights.jpg

images (1).jpg

images (2).jpg

If I was offered a pre facelift van with a facelift front, I would assume it had been in a bad crash and would avoid 100%, whatever story the seller told.

May or may not bother you personally, but in years to come based on what's gone on before it's the unmolested / original VW Campers than retain their value too.

A friend of mine did his transporter (wings, bonnet, bumper, lights) it's his pride and joy. It didn't cost him masses - he did 90% of the work himself. He is in Devon - if you are down that way, I can put you in touch.
Personally I would spend the money on holidays!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks all - yeah - I suppose a full facelift is suspicious to any future potential buyers, so refresh will do the job !!

I'm just in the process of doing a facelift on mine - including the sportline front splitter etc - I'll upload some pictures when I get finished.
I think the price ranges on whether they're fitting genuine VW parts or not.
You can by the full kit from just kampers for circa £1500 but I'm guessing most of that is non genuine VW.
The stuff I have is a mixture of both but if you're planning on the sportline look don't skimp on the splitter- there's some nasty ones out there and by the time you're done it'll cost you a fortune for the body shop to fit it.
Look up the 'big ally' one on google that seems to of had some good feedback.
Also the cheaper option comprises of some of the headlight and bumper bracket being fabricated out of bits of aluminum :Nailbiting rather than buying the correct vw face lift support panels. I think mines going to finish up costing me about £1750 by the time I've done - some genuine stuff - some not - but I'm happy with the results and it's going to look awesome!- just my two pence worth! :thumb

Looking forward to seeing it nick:thumb

Me too, I have all the parts and can't get time to fit them! ;)

I'm just in the process of doing a facelift on mine - including the sportline front splitter etc - I'll upload some pictures when I get finished.
I think the price ranges on whether they're fitting genuine VW parts or not.
You can by the full kit from just kampers for circa £1500 but I'm guessing most of that is non genuine VW.
The stuff I have is a mixture of both but if you're planning on the sportline look don't skimp on the splitter- there's some nasty ones out there and by the time you're done it'll cost you a fortune for the body shop to fit it.
Look up the 'big ally' one on google that seems to of had some good feedback.
Also the cheaper option comprises of some of the headlight and bumper bracket being fabricated out of bits of aluminum :Nailbiting rather than buying the correct vw face lift support panels. I think mines going to finish up costing me about £1750 by the time I've done - some genuine stuff - some not - but I'm happy with the results and it's going to look awesome!- just my two pence worth! :thumb

Interesting - look forward to the pics and what problems you encountered !!!

That looks brilliant. How long did it take?

A day and a half to do (running in and out between rain showers), Pretty straight forward, not too bad of a job - easier than doing the sodding earth shunt fix! Needs two people though - lifting the bonnets and bumpers off and on - (Thanks Dad!)

Just got a bit of adjusting to do with the shut lines etc and the aftermarket grill is going to get swapped for a genuine one - but apart from that I'm well chuffed - can't stop looking out of the window!

I didn't clip the intercooler pipe back on right :D that was an interesting noise!