Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2011 SE Pre-emptive Battery Replacement

G

gatvol

Had my van since new and it is still on all its original batteries at 70k miles.

The leisure batteries are losing charge faster than used to be the case. So that has prompted me to change all three

I have read Varta LA80 for the 2x leisures.... is that what forum folk have settled on ?

Is there a settled choice for the starter motor battery ?

Good supplier ?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can share

Under £150 each for leisure batteries. Cheapest I found.

Had my van since new and it is still on all its original batteries at 70k miles.

The leisure batteries are losing charge faster than used to be the case. So that has prompted me to change all three

I have read Varta LA80 for the 2x leisures.... is that what forum folk have settled on ?

Good supplier ?

Varta LA80:for leisure and Varta F21 for Engine.

If you check on Tayna Batteries website both batteries are AGM, both have similar specifications BUT one is recommended for Leisure and one for Engine.

Good supplier ?

I would use the LA80 for the starter as well, suspect it's only the sticker that differs from the F21. LA80 is duel purpose & states it can be used as a starter battery.

I would use the LA80 for the starter as well, suspect it's only the sticker that differs from the F21. LA80 is duel purpose & states it can be used as a starter battery.
Except when I bought my replacements the F21 was cheaper than the LA80. Don’t know why.

Back