Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2012 SE Hazard Light Button - New Location?

Richp

Richp

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
My Cali has the hazard light button inconveniently placed on the facia behind where the passenger coffee cup goes, so I'd prefer to relocate it to one of the blank buttons higher up on the dash. So wondered if anyone else had done this and is there an oblong hazard button that would fit the blank ? TIA.

Hi, a while ago, someone helped me ID a replacement part using a detailed website which listed all parts for all models, by category, but I can't find the link now. Does anyone know where it is please, or can post it here? Thanks.

what part are you looking for?

You are amazingly helpful. Do you work for VW? Thanks

I've a 2012 SE, am I right that that switch will fit the blanks on the dash on my SE? They look the same size from the photos.

IMG_20190910_182520.jpg

If the hazard switch fits into the blank next to the ESP switch
then it should just be a straight swap, just a bit of re-wiring.

Next to the ESP at the front of the gearstick is a far better
place to have it anyway.

I've a 2012 SE, am I right that that switch will fit the blanks on the dash on my SE? They look the same size from the photos.

View attachment 50169
You've lost me now...
Your first pic was of a LHD comfort line dash and now your
second pic is a RHD different dash.

Which one is yours

Sorry for confusion.
Mine is the RHD with triangular hazard switch, which gets hidden behind the coffee cup holders, so I was thinking of relocating it to one of the blanks on the dash higher up, and from another post, someone suggested the 2007 switch might fit. Hence trying to find that part number

i coudnt be sure they have a very similar part number just a single number different

Sorry for confusion.
Mine is the RHD with triangular hazard switch, which gets hidden behind the coffee cup holders, so I was thinking of relocating it to one of the blanks on the dash higher up, and from another post, someone suggested the 2007 switch might fit. Hence trying to find that part number
It will probably fit next to the parking sensor but
it seems they have a different finish on them.

Back