Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

6.1 internal alarm locking button - kit to add??

R_Sargeant_CH

R_Sargeant_CH

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi all,

The theme "Alarm goes off when I'm inside" seems to have been beaten to death, so I apologies for starting yet another thread!
The T6 seems to have a button on the "B" pillar to disable the internal sensors. VW were apparently short of money when it came to the 6.1 and this button is not present on our 6.1 Ocean. Instead, residents have to stretch across and fiddle with the central locking buttons to achieve something that was so simple before! Since we almost never swivel the (LHD) drivers seat, this stretch is very long, even for me at almost 6ft, and impossible for my wife. Made even more difficult after a glass or two and a desire to just climb the ladder!

Project

Produce a kit at lowest possible cost and easiest installation, that replicates the T6 B pillar button.
I'm an electronics engineer. I'm betting there are existing connectors ton the 6.1 that are not too hard to access and could be tapped into? Add the T6 button obtained as a spare part, Dremel a hole for that somewhere convenient to reach, piggy back plug in the kit cables and connectors, job done.

What I don't have is any kind of wiring diagram or location of connectors in the 6.1 that I could mis-use for this! I'm hoping that someone expert (WelshGas?) can put me on the correct path? The final objective is a pre-wired kit where you can simply unplug connectors, add the kit, plug the existing back in and add this functionality without having to cut cables or crimp connectors, at a fair price. I've no thoughts of retiring rich with this, it's just something I'd really like for myself, and maybe others would as well.

Thoughts anyone?

Richard

As you are not reaching across to lock the door, I assume you are using the key fob?
If so just press the lock button on the fob twice, disables the sensor & lust as importantly still lets you open the doors from inside in an emergency.

Hi all,

The theme "Alarm goes off when I'm inside" seems to have been beaten to death, so I apologies for starting yet another thread!
The T6 seems to have a button on the "B" pillar to disable the internal sensors. VW were apparently short of money when it came to the 6.1 and this button is not present on our 6.1 Ocean. Instead, residents have to stretch across and fiddle with the central locking buttons to achieve something that was so simple before! Since we almost never swivel the (LHD) drivers seat, this stretch is very long, even for me at almost 6ft, and impossible for my wife. Made even more difficult after a glass or two and a desire to just climb the ladder!

Project

Produce a kit at lowest possible cost and easiest installation, that replicates the T6 B pillar button.
I'm an electronics engineer. I'm betting there are existing connectors ton the 6.1 that are not too hard to access and could be tapped into? Add the T6 button obtained as a spare part, Dremel a hole for that somewhere convenient to reach, piggy back plug in the kit cables and connectors, job done.

What I don't have is any kind of wiring diagram or location of connectors in the 6.1 that I could mis-use for this! I'm hoping that someone expert (WelshGas?) can put me on the correct path? The final objective is a pre-wired kit where you can simply unplug connectors, add the kit, plug the existing back in and add this functionality without having to cut cables or crimp connectors, at a fair price. I've no thoughts of retiring rich with this, it's just something I'd really like for myself, and maybe others would as well.

Thoughts anyone?

Richard
Firstly, I have not seen any wiring diagrams for the alarm system.
I thought the B Pillar switch, which ONLY works disabling the interior movement sensors when only the Drivers door is open and last to be closed, has been re-located to the digital Camping Control Panel.

The B pillar switch is designed to leave the vehicle locked with a pet inside or elderly, incapacitated person. It is not designed for use when camping. The Drivers Door lock button should be used for nighttime security as it locks the vehicle without activating the Deadlocks/Safelock and disables internal motion sensors.

As you are not reaching across to lock the door, I assume you are using the key fob?
If so just press the lock button on the fob twice, disables the sensor & lust as importantly still lets you open the doors from inside in an emergency.
Ha! RTFM! If that works as you describe (no reason to believe it does not) then you are right! Don't need any kit!
I will re-read the manual and try what you describe.
Thanks!

Firstly, I have not seen any wiring diagrams for the alarm system.
I thought the B Pillar switch, which ONLY works disabling the interior movement sensors when only the Drivers door is open and last to be closed, has been re-located to the digital Camping Control Panel.

The B pillar switch is designed to leave the vehicle locked with a pet inside or elderly, incapacitated person. It is not designed for use when camping. The Drivers Door lock button should be used for nighttime security as it locks the vehicle without activating the Deadlocks/Safelock and disables internal motion sensors.
Thanks WG, the ultimate source of all info as usual! I will try both AndyInLutons and your suggestions, and try to get my head around it. It sounds as if I am over-complicating the problem.

Back