Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2013 T5.1 Fuse blown. EHU not charging batteries.

K

Ken Barlowned

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I have a rather strange fault that has occurred whilst we are on holiday in Spain. Yesterday I noticed the EHU is providing power to the 3pin socket on the kitchen unit but it is not charging the leisure batteries and the icon is not appearing on the console for some reason.

I discovered a 30A fuse under the passenger seat had blown and put in a replacement but it also immediately blows when I insert a it. I have tried to isolate the issue by disconnecting the EHU and switching off the fridge etc but even when everything is off and disconnected the fuse pops straight away.

Charger seems to be working when we drive. So I’m really at a comple loss as to what’s happening. Any ideas or suggestions gratefully accepted.

I’ve added a little pic of it tripping to demonstrate which fuse it is. The one on the right with my finger on it.

IMG_0965.jpeg

I have a rather strange fault that has occurred whilst we are on holiday in Spain. Yesterday I noticed the EHU is providing power to the 3pin socket on the kitchen unit but it is not charging the leisure batteries and the icon is not appearing on the console for some reason.

I discovered a 30A fuse under the passenger seat had blown and put in a replacement but it also immediately blows when I insert a it. I have tried to isolate the issue by disconnecting the EHU and switching off the fridge etc but even when everything is off and disconnected the fuse pops straight away.

Charger seems to be working when we drive. So I’m really at a comple loss as to what’s happening. Any ideas or suggestions gratefully accepted.

I’ve added a little pic of it tripping to demonstrate which fuse it is. The one on the right with my finger on it.

View attachment 112756
There are upto 4 x 30 amp fuses under the passenger seat, Roof Hydraulics motor, Diesel parking Heater, 12v supply from Mains Charger and the MAINS INVERTER.

I can see a 30 amp blowing with a faulty Diesel Parking Heater or ElectroHydraulic pump or the 12 v Inverter. The fact that it blows immediately, even when not on EHU and not, I presume when operating the heater or roof leads me to suspect the 12v Mains Inverter.

IMG_2179.jpeg