Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Leisure batteries not charging on EHU

sewb

sewb

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Looks like you need some sort of reset eh? 12.7v is fully charged, so normal behavior from the panel at that stage is to show the ">60 hrs" . You could ignore it, if everything is behaving as it, should but it would worry me too. Have you tried leaving it on EHU for 24hrs+ to see if some re-calibration happens?
Thanks for the prompt reply! We have tried resetting it to factory settings but that didn't work. We will put in on EHU for 24 hours to try that... Do you know whether it might be a fuse issue?

Stu@rt

Stu@rt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Thanks for the prompt reply! We have tried resetting it to factory settings but that didn't work. We will put in on EHU for 24 hours to try that... Do you know whether it might be a fuse issue?
I am no expert. Only know what I have read on here. Other 6.1 owners that have had the cube fuse blow have seen the red warning triangle on the "battery bank" image, so maybe / maybe not. I do know that the "hours left" indicator does do some funny things. Especially when the ignition is on, or when on EHU. Sometimes I see just 6hrs left when it has been on charge for a day. Then when you disconnect and leave for an hour, you see the >60hrs come back. The voltage that you are seeing suggests a fully charged battery, but not necessarily that both are working.

The image that you posted? Is that with the ignition switched on, or off?

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
We are having issues with the leisure battery display on our Ocean 6.1. It is fully charged and runs the fridge etc no problem, but the display shows 0h as shown on the photo below - this is obviously just an error, but does anyone know a quick fix for this? ThanksView attachment 87858
Never had 0h showing @sewb but on our 6.1 the display can go from >60h down to i.e. 7h and then back to >60h in a few minutes. I think it depends on what ‘consumables’ are switched on/being used at any given time. The monitoring system is perhaps less than precise but definitely dynamically adjusts. Have you driven the van for a few miles to see if it resets?

sewb

sewb

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Thanks both - the 'hours left' indicator has been working fine all year and only started showing 0h yesterday - we have tried all combinations of reset including driving/charging/resetting/turning off and on all appliances - still 0h!
The photo was taken with ignition off, but it doesn't make any difference if we turn the ignition on...

Stu@rt

Stu@rt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
And when you pop it on EHU, you can see voltage going in ok? You get the Amber connection symbol lit up and you see a positive figure going in ok? Think I would pop it on charge for 24hrs or so and see what happens.

Y

yossarian

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
The display appears to show battery capacity x 0.5 x soh x soc / draw.

Soh state of health
Soc state of charge (indicating close to 100%)
Capacity usually 150ah

The most likely error is soh. This is held in the sensor on each battery negative. Unplug and replug the two wire sensor plug on each sensor to reset them.

Module 3d appears to hold the battery capacity and chemistry. That might be your next port of call.

Last edited:
sewb

sewb

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Wow - thank you. I will try this as it seems a relatively non-invasive action which I can't (?) mess up! Will feed back on result as the info will be useful to anyone else who has the same issue