Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2018 Beach - Retro fitted cruise control

Houchen

Houchen

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Just about to have cruise control retro fitted to a 2018 Beach.

I would love to know what this is likely to entail and any risks of having it done.

Apparently the parts that are going to be used are all oem - Is this likely to be a stalk or an update to the multi function steering wheel?

Does anyone have any advice, experience, pictures of fitment please?

I know that most recent T6s with multi function steering wheels have the cruise control on the wheel but my 66 plate Highline (originally a Kombi) has a MFSW but the cruise control is on the left stalk. Personally I like it this way.
A new wheel will be much more expensive that a new stalk but the interface from the wheel will be via the can-bus whilst that from the stalk will be wired and I don't know if both are available on a 2018 model. You will have to make enquiries with the installation folks.

Hi Houchen

If you have identified the company to do the retro fit, they will be able to advise accordingly.
There are two companies I am aware of that could do this for you.
HazzyDayz Days In Markyate (near St.Albans) & Sat Nav Systems (Chertsey), There May be others, you should ensue OEM parts and that the company fitting them are VW approved, to prevent potential warranty issues.

Below is a link from both companies website for a retro fit cruise (stalk type).
If you have the MFSW with the cruise option deleted, it should be possible to add the required button(s) as in the original spec.
I know that Fitting Acc is not an option due to insurance implications for the company, confirmed by Sat Nav systems via email.

I hope this helps.
I have personally used Sat Nav Systems for retro fit of a factory tow bar and replacement head unit (missing DAB function from factory) I can highly recommend them.
Hazzy days comes highly recommend also.

Both offer a home fitting service for a fee

Back