Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cruise Control

B

Bazabailey

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I bought a 2018 California 150PS manual in Feb with 35 miles on the clock and the Vw main dealer arranged to have cruise control fitted by an external contractor. It was intermittant and so I took it in to our local vw dealer who says it was fitted with a t5 switch and restored it to factory settings. ie without cruise control. Has anyone else tried this retrofit. I bought it from a very dealer 200 miles away and hence given they made such a hash of it I am not greatly minded to return.

I bought a 2018 California 150PS manual in Feb with 35 miles on the clock and the Vw main dealer arranged to have cruise control fitted by an external contractor. It was intermittant and so I took it in to our local vw dealer who says it was fitted with a t5 switch and restored it to factory settings. ie without cruise control. Has anyone else tried this retrofit. I bought it from a very dealer 200 miles away and hence given they made such a hash of it I am not greatly minded to return.
Popular retrofit

I have done it on my dad's T6.
You just need a coding computer (VCDS) to recode the engine and BCM. I don't have one, but I could use one from someone I know, but just for my own, not for anyone else.
Works like a charm.

IMG_20200726_175925.jpg
To me the cruise control is better controllable while driving on the stick than on the steering wheel.
On the steering wheel, you always have to look at what button you press. On the stick, you put your hand on the stick, and press one of the 3 buttons, or the lever on top to pause the speed control.

But on the other hand I am used to the stick control for over 14 years (first on my Golf 4, and now the T5.1), so I might be biased.

Thanks everyone for your advice, just been to lake Como and back and without cruise control it wasn’t as bad as I expected I think due to the very low rolling resistant of the bluetech which mean lt I could rest my right foot! I will be fitting it in future though.