Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2018 Beach - which Owner's Manuals should I have please?

M

Martin12bar

Guest User
Had a 2018 Beach for a few weeks now from Liverpool Van Centre (Approved VW Van franchise) but having some trouble in getting the right book pack for my vehicle from them. They initially gave me a complete pack from another vehicle complete with incorrect VIN inside the cover. (As well as wrong security socket for the locking wheel nuts!!).

I took it back and they promised to order the right pack and send it onto me. That subsequently arrived but there is no California specific information inside as it is for the Multivan, Business vehicle Edition 05.2017 (per attached photo). I queried that again but the salesman that I dealt with tells me that their Parts Manager confirms that it is the correct book. I have found the 04.2015 version in the Resources section of this Forum which is pretty much what I expected to be provided by the dealership. I really don't want to be printing off any information and would much rather have the correct books in the vehicle in case I need the information on the roadside.

I'd be really grateful if anyone with a 2018 Beach could advise which books they have and which edition it is please. I guess that the reference number on the outside back cover might even be a part number - the one they supplied is showing it to be 2.1.052017

IMG_0798.jpeg

For my T5.1, I also have the Multivan booklet and one for the RCD310.
I just have an extra booklet, a very small one for additional California.
Don't know how it works for a T6 Beach.

My California came with Cali manual - This includes detail for the Beach.
Incidentally VWVC Liverpool have form for this, My Cali Ocean initially came with an Multivan BusinessOwners Manual with a sticker detailing a Bamboo Beach!
When I discovered this it was replaced by return by them with blank Multivan, Business manual. Alls well that ends well.
Hope the links / detail below assists. Relevant part No's on the rear cover.

Attachments

• Cali Handbook Front Cover.pdf
    183.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Cali Handbook Rear Cover Showing Part No.pdf
    90.7 KB · Views: 9
My California came with Cali manual - This includes detail for the Beach.
Incidentally VWVC Liverpool have form for this, My Cali Ocean initially came with an Multivan BusinessOwners Manual with a sticker detailing a Bamboo Beach!
When I discovered this it was replaced by return by them with blank Multivan, Business manual. Alls well that ends well.
Hope the links / detail below assists. Relevant part No's on the rear cover.

That looks as though it's what I need. Much appreciated - thank you.

I have the Multivan, California supplement and Discover Media.

By far and away the greatest help is the Multivan manual. The California Supplement is packed with useless information like how to operate the Ocean’s fridge and empty the dirty water tank, and, most confusing of all, how to operate the parking heater with knobs the Beach doesn’t have.