Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2019 Beach Webasto Heater

Kenb17

Kenb17

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Good evening,

So new to a Beach (previously had an SE), wondering about auxiliary heater so contacted aftermarket fitter who took the details from the sticker on the door jamb and advised that the price is £640 including the code from Webasto to unlock the heater and the remotes to work it.

Seems the heater is already on the vehicle and it is a case of ‘unlocking it’ and some means of controlling it.

All a bit odd as there are many threads discussing fitting of the heater but if it is there even better - any other experiences of bringing this existing heater into use?

Thanks
Ken

Good evening,

So new to a Beach (previously had an SE), wondering about auxiliary heater so contacted aftermarket fitter who took the details from the sticker on the door jamb and advised that the price is £640 including the code from Webasto to unlock the heater and the remotes to work it.

Seems the heater is already on the vehicle and it is a case of ‘unlocking it’ and some means of controlling it.

All a bit odd as there are many threads discussing fitting of the heater but if it is there even better - any other experiences of bringing this existing heater into use?

Thanks
Ken
I think there is some confusion here.
There is a Webasto COOLANT heater on all U.K. Californias which works automatically on engine start if the ambient temperature is 5c or less. This speeds up engine warming and turns off when coolant temperature gets to 80c. The software can be changed and a remote control unit fitted so it can be switched on via remote, BUT it runs off the engine battery, and so has limited run time without running the engine.

What you need is a Diesel Parking Heater, that runs off the leisure battery continuously, is thermostatically controlled with a Control Panel Start/Stop or remote control. Cost is around £1000 +/- region.

Eberspacher, Planar or Webasto are the makes normally fitted.

I think there is some confusion here.
There is a Webasto COOLANT heater on all U.K. Californias which works automatically on engine start if the ambient temperature is 5c or less. This speeds up engine warming and turns off when coolant temperature gets to 80c. The software can be changed and a remote control unit fitted so it can be switched on via remote, BUT it runs off the engine battery, and so has limited run time without running the engine.

What you need is a Diesel Parking Heater, that runs off the leisure battery continuously, is thermostatically controlled with a Control Panel Start/Stop or remote control. Cost is around £1000 +/- region.

Eberspacher, Planar or Webasto are the makes normally fitted.
Thanks WelshGas, that was my understanding and I thought the question I had asked the aftermarket guy. When I queried with him he advised the same heater could be used but as you mention not necessarily the best idea, and the more I think about the email exchange I am not sure he understood the function of the parking heater. I must say I was thrown by the heater and small exhaust sitting under the cab, looked like the exhaust the old SE had just in a slightly different location.

Ken

Back