Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Questions after 4 days with my cali beach

CALIBEACH83

CALIBEACH83

Vehicle
T6 Beach 102
Hello,

Thursday i went to pickup my California beach T6 (automatic 150 hp)
Colour Acapulco blue .
options :
comfort dashboard
interior heating
220 v socket
nav system
app connect
blinded windows in the back
park pilot
clayton rims

3 seat bench in the back

I love it ,it drives really smooth and quiet.
Used it for work and fun , very versatile vehicle ..
love the interior heating , adaptive cruise control and app connect .
I think the comfort dashboard is very nice and well engineered .
My wife ,kids and dog love it to .
Still i have some questions .

1. the adaptive cruise control :
how do you get it to speed up in steps of 10 km/h (i have the multifunctional steering wheel )

2. Is there a specific calfornia beach manual ( i only got the California manual for ocean / coast)
3. according to my right door stickers i have 2 heaters (one Webasto and one eberspracher )
I think the webasto heater is the interior heater
Do i have an engine coolant heater as well ? (the eberspracher) If so how do I activate it ?
4.Can i see somewhere how much charged my second battery is ?

Hello,

Thursday i went to pickup my California beach T6 (automatic 150 hp)
Colour Acapulco blue .
options :
comfort dashboard
interior heating
220 v socket
nav system
app connect
blinded windows in the back
park pilot
clayton rims

3 seat bench in the back

I love it ,it drives really smooth and quiet.
Used it for work and fun , very versatile vehicle ..
love the interior heating , adaptive cruise control and app connect .
I think the comfort dashboard is very nice and well engineered .
My wife ,kids and dog love it to .
Still i have some questions .

1. the adaptive cruise control :
how do you get it to speed up in steps of 10 km/h (i have the multifunctional steering wheel )

2. Is there a specific calfornia beach manual ( i only got the California manual for ocean / coast)
3. according to my right door stickers i have 2 heaters (one Webasto and one eberspracher )
I think the webasto heater is the interior heater
Do i have an engine coolant heater as well ? (the eberspracher) If so how do I activate it ?
4.Can i see somewhere how much charged my second battery is ?
The Webasto heater is the engine coolant heater. Operates automatically if the Outside temperature is below 5c and the Engine Coolant temperature is less than, I think, about 60c. Located on the battery side of the engine with exhaust around the wheel arch on that side.
I don't think the Beach comes with a Leisure Battery charge meter.

Q1. I don't know as I haven't got that option.
Q2. No. All the info is contained in the one manual. Well it is on mine at least. However whilst the SE/Ocean is covered comprehensively, the details of some aspects of the Beach seem to be a bit scanty. E.g the Auilliary Parking heater controls.
Q3. My understanding is that the Eberspacher is the Auxilliary Parking heater and the Wesbato is the engine coolant heater.
Q4. No you can't. It is best to buy a plug in voltage tester. You shove it into the cigarette lighter socket and it should tell you the state of charge. The socket on top of the dash runs off the leisure battery. The one in the front of the dash near the ash tray runs off the engine battery. There are various types of tester on the market. The one that we have has three LED lights. Green, orange and red to denote the state of charge. It also has a digital voltage read out. You can also tell which battery feeds which socket elsewhere in the van by comparing the voltage readings to those given by the two dash sockets.

Congratulations on your new van.
I hope that you have many happy adventures in it.

Welcome on your first post .
Lots of Q's are asked and answerd before (and above) using the search function can also give answers.

What region you are from?

Question 2

Press the + or - buttons to increase decrease by 5mph

f4b465ed200b3aee5ec03e3d80e36e4e.jpg

Mike

thanks a lot mike ,
i thought this was only to set the distance of the ACC
Will try this out this evening .

thanks a lot mike ,
No problem. Pressing the ok button changes the distance and pressing + or - the speed. So if on you have set to 29 press + will go to next increment so to 30. Next press gives you 35 then 40 and so on.

Mike

Q1. I don't know as I haven't got that option.
Q2. No. All the info is contained in the one manual. Well it is on mine at least. However whilst the SE/Ocean is covered comprehensively, the details of some aspects of the Beach seem to be a bit scanty. E.g the Auilliary Parking heater controls.
Q3. My understanding is that the Eberspacher is the Auxilliary Parking heater and the Wesbato is the engine coolant heater.
Q4. No you can't. It is best to buy a plug in voltage tester. You shove it into the cigarette lighter socket and it should tell you the state of charge. The socket on top of the dash runs off the leisure battery. The one in the front of the dash near the ash tray runs off the engine battery. There are various types of tester on the market. The one that we have has three LED lights. Green, orange and red to denote the state of charge. It also has a digital voltage read out. You can also tell which battery feeds which socket elsewhere in the van by comparing the voltage readings to those given by the two dash sockets.

Congratulations on your new van.
I hope that you have many happy adventures in it.

Hi on a T6 Beach with a standard dash I believe the socket in the top of the dash is powered by the normal battery not the leisure battery. This seems to be confirmed in the user manual as well - but I know there are differing opinions on this. I only mention this in case you get a false reading. I have a plug in voltage tester (Sealey AK500) and would suggest you check the rear sockets too - just to be sure you capture the leisure battery reading.

Hope that helps. :thumb

Hi on a T6 Beach with a standard dash I believe the socket in the top of the dash is powered by the normal battery not the leisure battery. This seems to be confirmed in the user manual as well - but I know there are differing opinions on this. I only mention this in case you get a false reading. I have a plug in voltage tester (Sealey AK500) and would suggest you check the rear sockets too - just to be sure you capture the leisure battery reading.

Hope that helps. :thumb
Hello Fast Freddie,
This topic was touched on some time ago in another thread. It was discovered that for some unkown reason not all Calis are wired the same. The only way to be sure is to test each socket and compare the results?

thanks a lot mike ,

For ACC if you press the distance button it cycles through them, if you press it and then the toggles left and right you can adjust yourself.. Yes, I know you didn't as that question but it was something that I didn't realise,

;)

according to this post there is a beach handbook :

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/beach-handbook.16926/#post-190561

Most things i can figure out with the other manual , but the interior heater control panel is different then the coast/ocean one .

i'm from the lokeren region
Hi. The second book i referred to in the other post was titled CALIFORNIA SUPPLIMENT dated 11.2016 part number 7E001272OHA. It covers both models with limited coverage of things like the 3 seat bench. I think the beach heater control is in the thicker manual.

Thanks for all the answers .
The ACC works perfect now .
Will look into the manual this evening .

Back