Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

225/60R16 (BBS Alloys) - correct tyre pressures?

bxl_lad

bxl_lad

Its not easy being green...
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
So, having now fitted the 16" Alloys (BBS original alloys), does anyone know what the correct tyre pressures should be for these wheels with 225/60R16 tyres?
Of course the pressures noted inside the drivers door only reference the 15" wheels the van left the factory with... :confused:

Cheers!

I've got 245/45/18's on mine, the max tyre pressure on the tyre is quoted as 50psi so I tend to go close to that.
Not sure if that's right....

Ah yes. That old chestnut. You'd think that there would be an official figure somewhere on't tinterweb given that the wheel size you have was a factory option - I think the California Event had these fitted as standard. I'm running 225/55 R17 on ours and currently have the pressures set to 42psi all round.Everything seems to be wearing fairly evenly and the ride isn't too harsh. The previous set of tyres I ran at the pressures on the sticker and they got worn more quickly on the edges which is normally the sign of them being too low a pressure.

Contact the tyre manufacturers they will advise you.

Going to re-visit this post as I need clarification before buying new boots for the van...

Does anyone out there have the BBS 16" alloys (as in the picture) original from factory when new?

If so, would you be so kind as to take a picture of the sticker inside the drivers door that indicates the correct tyre pressures, size and load ratings for these wheels when fitted to a California...

Much appreciated (I think there will also be a VW part number on the sticker (for the sticker itself), that I will try to order one for my van too...)

Cheers! :thumb

BBS 16 inch wheels.jpg

Back