Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

230v Invertor Socket on T6 Ocean

Fergie Collier

Fergie Collier

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I have had my Cali for about a year now and I am ashamed to say I have figured out yet how to use and what use I can get from that socket behind the passenger seat?. When is it used ? Does it work off the leisure battery and what can be plugged in ?. Hope you can give me some advice - apologies if it's a stupid question.

Yes it works off the leisure battery (and obviously whilst the engine is running etc) - ie without hookup.

It's only rated at 150w so you can't really use it for anything much. Laptop chargers, phone chargers, USB chargers all fine. It won't operate a hair dryer or heater or anything like that though!

I have had my Cali for about a year now and I am ashamed to say I have figured out yet how to use and what use I can get from that socket behind the passenger seat?. When is it used ? Does it work off the leisure battery and what can be plugged in ?. Hope you can give me some advice - apologies if it's a stupid question.

Hi Fergie, everything behind the front seats is powered off the leisure battery except the three pin socket end of kitchen unit, that only works when your on mains hook up. The euro socket on the passenger door pillar will take a three pin adaptor but as its also from leisure battery only use it say for charging stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your responses - really appreciated.

I'v heard that things like charging a toothbrush can kill the inverter . Don't know witch divices are ok and witch not doh...maybe guys like @Loz can shed a light on this?