Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

230v socket fuse

M

Markm

VIP Member
The 230v socket behind the passenger seat has stopped working. Checked all the fuses underneath the passenger seat but all are fine.

Anybody have any idea as to why? 2012 Berghaus. All the other sockets are working fine, trip in the back left storage cupboard is on.

Scratchin my head now

I believe the only protection between the hook up and the socket outlet is the RCBO in the rear cupboard. Are you sure power is on to the hook up?

Untitled.jpg

Ive flicked the rcd breaker in the storage cupboard off then back on to make sure it hadnt tripped, but still no workey

When hooked up, does the test button work on the front of the RCBO? Usually they only trip when power is on.

Does the item you are trying in the socket work in an known working socket in the house?

Does the van control unit display that power is applied to the hook up?

Is the van charging?

Are you referring to the 230v Mains socket or the Inverter Socket?
Mains socket controlled by RCD unit, but Inverter Socket converts 12v to 230v so does have a vehicle fuse.

WelshGas said:
Are you referring to the 230v Mains socket or the Inverter Socket?
Mains socket controlled by RCD unit, but Inverter Socket converts 12v to 230v so does have a vehicle fuse.

Good point, I had assumed we were talking about the 13A 3pin socket.

It seems to be indicated on the diagram that if power is definitely applied to the hookup point and the RCBO is on there is power at the socket outlet. If everthing else checks out it would look like break in the cabling, possibly a loose connection. If the RCBO trip button works when power is applied then the fault is after the RCBO.