Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

23Z7 2019-07-24

Nick Stubbs

Nick Stubbs

The Rodent.
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Any one know what this Engine control unit update is please, just had a letter recorded delivery asking me to make an appointment to take the van in, is this the add blue thing ?

Make sure they hand you a piece of headed paper with 8 spaces on it for your 8 free AdBlue fill ups with the receipt when the upgrade been done. The top up takes about 10 mins and my local dealer did it whilst I sat in the vehicle.

That saves them having to wipe everything he may have touched moving it into the workshop. I had assumed they would check the max & min amounts they could add, which appears when the reminder comes on, but they didn't. He had a 10 litre bottle, 2.2 gals, which was just a bit under the max it would take.

Question is will it be detrimental to the van not to have it done, the van is now out of warranty and had its last service around 4 weeks ago and as this update has been around a while dont understand why they didnt just do it, the other issue it is a days holiday to take it in not as we are going anywhere at the moment. Apart from a possible slight improvement on an enviromental issue are there any benifits. Thanks all for the info so far.

My understanding is that it increases the consumption of AdBlue to decrease the pollution. I've not noticed any degradation in fuel economy or performance, but then I don't drive it hard anyway. There are a lot of experts on here who will know a lot more than me about the update. Have you searched the Forum using
site:vwcaliforniaclub.com xxxxxx and put in updates or the update name, 23Z7 I seem to remember a thread on this when the update first came out last year. Here is a link to one of the previous threads
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/recall-23z7-safe-to-ignore.30181/ There are quite a few more.

Simon

Back