Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

240 hook up

john eagle

john eagle

Eaglehead
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have just got a Cali T6 2017 and reading the manual it says something about switching an RCD breaker on before connecting to a 240 volt hook up. Can anyone please tell me if I need to do this and if so where is the breaker I need to switch on?

I have just got a Cali T6 2017 and reading the manual it says something about switching an RCD breaker on before connecting to a 240 volt hook up. Can anyone please tell me if I need to do this and if so where is the breaker I need to switch on?

If it’s an Ocean, look in the rear wardrobe.

caliventures364847572.wordpress.com

Agree with @Erbster - if you connect to 240v hook up and no power in the Cali it’s because you have switched breaker on - it needs to be on red - it’s in rear cupboard accessible from boot.
Silly as it sounds when I’d had my Cali straight from dealers this was the first thing I forgot to do - very stressful 5 mins till I remembered a post from forum :thumb

I thought it was: you need to hook up and unhook with the circuit breaker in off position (green). Once hooked up, you put the circuit breaker in on position (red).
It is located in the left most rear cupboard, on the lowest shelf near the side plate of the van.

100 704 510 Brandrup Bescherming kasten 3.jpg
Not my picture, but one of Brandrup.

If it is a Beach the RCD breaker is tucked up above the jack behind the trim I believe.

I leave ours on all of the time there is usually lots of stuff in front of it.
There is no need to switch it on or off when connecting the van to the hook-up post. Can't do this with the beach as it is so inaccessible.

Alan

I thought it was: you need to hook up and unhook with the circuit breaker in off position (green). Once hooked up, you put the circuit breaker in on position (red).
It is located in the left most rear cupboard, on the lowest shelf near the side plate of the van.

View attachment 48043
Not my picture, but one of Brandrup.
Thanks for your advice. Very helpful